From: ·········@lxny.org
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 9 March 2004 Lisp NYC Meeting
  what="Lisp NYC announcement"
  edits="">

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: 06 Mar 2004 20:20:37 -0500
 From: Heow Eide-Goodman <·····@alphageeksinc.com>
 To: LISP NYC <····@lispnyc.org>
 Subject: [Lisp] Lisp NYC March 9 meeting 7pm at the Westside Brewery

 March 9th meeting, 7:00 to 9:00 PM at:

   Westside Brewery
   340 Amsterdam Ave.
   (On the West side of Amsterdam Ave., 76th-77th)

 We've got 1/2 of the back room and are good for up to 15 people.  The
 brewery has a fireplace, good [homemade] beer, other draft choices and
 an extensive menu.

 Directions:
   * Subway:  Take the 1,2,3,9 to 72nd St. or the 1,9 to 79th.
   * Driving: Use the 79th/Boat Basin exit off the West Side Highway.

 See you guys soon,

 - Heow

Distributed poC TINC:

Jay Sulzberger <·········@lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Cello on Linux! Again!! [Re: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 9 March 2004 Lisp NYC Meeting]
>  Subject: [Lisp] Lisp NYC March 9 meeting 7pm at the Westside Brewery
>

>  March 9th meeting, 7:00 to 9:00 PM at:
>
>    Westside Brewery
>    340 Amsterdam Ave.
>    (On the West side of Amsterdam Ave., 76th-77th)
>
>  We've got 1/2 of the back room and are good for up to 15 people.  The
>  brewery has a fireplace, good [homemade] beer, other draft choices and
>  an extensive menu.

And I will drag along my laptop with The Wonderful Light Panel demo
running. Attendees will be allowed to become addicted to playing with
the demos hundred and one parameters as I have, until someone spills a
pint down the keyboard.

At which point Kenneth buys a new laptop and reinstalls from Frank
Goenninger's version of the source, which now Actually Runs on
Linux+AllegroCL. This is the same port announced last week, but that
crashed soon after displaying a lovely screen. Frank re-ported from my
Lispworks+win32 port, which had unearthed some FFI gaffes
AllegroCL+win32 had winked at, and now reports the demos are functional.

kenneth

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Sashank Varma
In article <·······················@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
 Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Attendees will be allowed to become addicted to playing with
> the demos hundred and one parameters as I have, until someone spills a
> pint down the keyboard.

Oh Jesus not the one John McCarthy used!

> At which point Kenneth buys a new laptop and...

auctions the dead one off on ebay for a handsome profit?
From: Kenny Tilton
Sashank Varma wrote:
> In article <·······················@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
>  Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Attendees will be allowed to become addicted to playing with
>>the demos hundred and one parameters as I have, until someone spills a
>>pint down the keyboard.
>

> Oh Jesus not the one John McCarthy used!

Omigod, yer right! Well, John seemed cool, I think he would approve of
His laptop going down in a blaze of suds.

>>At which point Kenneth buys a new laptop and...
>

> auctions the dead one off on ebay for a handsome profit?

Nah, this one gets framed and hung on the wall until the Lisp
collectibles market takes off. Then I cash in. :)

kt

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Bruce Nagel
In article <····················@twister.nyc.rr.com>, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Sashank Varma wrote:
>> In article <·······················@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
>>  Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>>>At which point Kenneth buys a new laptop and...

>> auctions the dead one off on ebay for a handsome profit?

> Nah, this one gets framed and hung on the wall until the Lisp
> collectibles market takes off. Then I cash in. :)

Premature profitization is the root of all evil... or, something
like that. ;-)

Bruce

--
·······@sdf.lonestar.org                www.not-art.org

The Mouser felt a compulsive urge to take out his dagger and stab himself
in the heart.  A man had to die when he saw something like that.
(Fritz Leiber)