From: Michael
Subject: Embedding a lisp interpreter in C++
Hi,

I have a task that requires me to embed a lisp interpreter into a C++
application (primarily in order to provide configuration information
to the app, but also to allow some data manipulation). The interpreter
will be called by the C++ app and needs to read a named lisp file,
compile to bytecode, and run the bytecode over lots of different sets
of data provided by the app.

I've been looking at using ECL (http://ecls.sourceforge.net/) for
this, but I can't find any explanation or example of how to embed the
interpreter in a C/C++ app. So now I'm wondering if ECL is intended
for this type of use? If not, is there a more suitable interpreter out
there?

Thanks,

Michael