From: conrad
Subject: starting an inferior lisp automatically
Sorry for asking what should be a simple question, but I've RTFMed and
RTFGed extensively but still have not figured it out...

I am trying to configure my .emacs file to automatically launch my
lisp. I would have thought that:

(run-lisp)

would do the job- Typing M-x run-lisp works fine, after all.

However, instead I get the following error:

No Lisp subprocess; see variable `inferior-lisp-buffer'
-Thanks for any pointers
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: starting an inferior lisp automatically
"conrad" <·····················@yahoo.com> writes:

> Sorry for asking what should be a simple question, but I've RTFMed and
> RTFGed extensively but still have not figured it out...
>
> I am trying to configure my .emacs file to automatically launch my
> lisp. I would have thought that:
>
> (run-lisp)
>
> would do the job- Typing M-x run-lisp works fine, after all.
>
> However, instead I get the following error:
>
> No Lisp subprocess; see variable `inferior-lisp-buffer'
> -Thanks for any pointers

C-h f run-lisp RET
indicates that run-lisp takes an argument: (run-lisp CMD)

(run-lisp "clisp -I")
works fine from my .emacs

There's a little difference between commands and functions.

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein