From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: LTk entry field working anywhere?
Platform: AllegroCL 6.2, Win XP
LTk version: Stable, as of yesterday

The test function pops up a window with a bunch of demo widgets,
including an "entry" field and cooperating buttons get! and set!. The
buttons work fine, but if I click on the entry itself and type, the
window seems to hang and I have to use the WinXP task manager to whack it.

Anyone else tried typing in that field? Did it work?

kenny

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/

From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: Re: LTk entry field working anywhere?
Kenny Tilton writes:

> Platform: AllegroCL 6.2, Win XP
> LTk version: Stable, as of yesterday
>
> The test function pops up a window with a bunch of demo widgets,
> including an "entry" field and cooperating buttons get! and set!. The
> buttons work fine, but if I click on the entry itself and type, the
> window seems to hang and I have to use the WinXP task manager to whack
> it.
>
> Anyone else tried typing in that field? Did it work?

Yes, that works really fine for me under gnu/linux with cmucl 18e
or clisp 2.33.

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <·····@free.fr>
                      http://hocwp.free.fr

-=-= http://www.gnu.org/home.fr.html =-=-
From: Rob Warnock
| > ... but if I click on the entry itself and type, the window seems
| > to hang and I have to use the WinXP task manager to whack it.
| > Anyone else tried typing in that field? Did it work?
|
| Yes, that works really fine for me under gnu/linux with cmucl 18e
| or clisp 2.33.
+---------------

Ditto for me with CMUCL-18e on FreeBSD 4.9. Once I upgraded to the
June 12th version, things seemed to be fine.

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Kenny Tilton
Rob Warnock wrote:

> Philippe Brochard  <·····@free.fr> wrote:
> +---------------
> | Kenny Tilton writes:
> | > Platform: AllegroCL 6.2, Win XP
> | > LTk version: Stable, as of yesterday
> | > ... but if I click on the entry itself and type, the window seems
> | > to hang and I have to use the WinXP task manager to whack it.
> | > Anyone else tried typing in that field? Did it work?
> |
> | Yes, that works really fine for me under gnu/linux with cmucl 18e
> | or clisp 2.33.
> +---------------
>
> Ditto for me with CMUCL-18e on FreeBSD 4.9. Once I upgraded to the
> June 12th version, things seemed to be fine.

Thx all for the feedback. I have the TEST/WT demo working with Cells
(except for typing in that entry field, but this is no loss of ground
since LTk "vanilla" does the same in my environment).

I like the idea of a lightweight GUI solution for CL, so I am going to
put a few more days into cells-ltk and see if I can flesh it out a
little. So I'll also try to run these problems to ground with the LTk
window hanging under ACL/win32.

kenny

From: Peter Herth
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> I like the idea of a lightweight GUI solution for CL, so I am going to
> put a few more days into cells-ltk and see if I can flesh it out a
> little. So I'll also try to run these problems to ground with the LTk
> window hanging under ACL/win32.

Great to hear. If you have any problems (besides ACL/win32 related ones :)
or feature requests for Ltk, please do not heasitate to contact me.
You can find my email on the Ltk page.

Peter

--
Peter Herth
pet project: http://dawn.netcologne.de
From: Kenny Tilton
Peter Herth wrote:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>>I like the idea of a lightweight GUI solution for CL, so I am going to
>>put a few more days into cells-ltk and see if I can flesh it out a
>>little. So I'll also try to run these problems to ground with the LTk
>>window hanging under ACL/win32.
>

> Great to hear. If you have any problems (besides ACL/win32 related ones :)
> or feature requests for Ltk, please do not heasitate to contact me.
> You can find my email on the Ltk page.

Uh-oh. Your ISP does not like my ISP (the notorious rr.com). You need to
get that LTk project going on common-lisp.net. :)

While I have you, here is what I was writing about. Maybe others here
can offer guidance:

"Peter,

Congrats on a fine job with LTk. I was able to combine it with Cells
without a problem. I will be releasing Cells-LTk some time today. I did
a little poking around and asking to try to find out the right way to
handle the copyright details, this is what I plan to go with:

"#|

Cells-LTk

Copyright (c) 2004 by Kenneth William Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com>

A work derived from Peter Herth's LTk. The original copyright
notice and licensing info appear below. Note that as a derived work,
Cells LTk usage is governed by LTk's "Lisp LGPL" licensing.

All credit to LTk and Peter, all blame to Kenny. Some portions of LTk
appear here unchanged, some have been replaced, some removed, some modified.

Cells-LTk is incompatible with LTk and does not cover as much
ground as LTk. Think "proof of concept".

And now the original LTk copyright and licensing:

Copyright (c) 2003 Peter Herth <·····@peter-herth.de>

Peter Herth grants you the rights to distribute
and use this software as governed by the terms
of the Lisp Lesser GNU Public License
(http://opensource.franz.com/preamble.html),
known as the LLGPL.

|#"

I /think/ this is the right way to go, but I thought I would give you
(and now c.l.l) a chance to comment before proceeding.

kenny

From: Andrew Cristina
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:12:08 +0000, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Platform: AllegroCL 6.2, Win XP
> LTk version: Stable, as of yesterday
>
> The test function pops up a window with a bunch of demo widgets,
> including an "entry" field and cooperating buttons get! and set!. The
> buttons work fine, but if I click on the entry itself and type, the
> window seems to hang and I have to use the WinXP task manager to whack it.
>
> Anyone else tried typing in that field? Did it work?
>
> kenny

Works fine in XP with clisp 2.32, the cygwin version, and a couple of day
old version of LTK, and ActiveTCL 8.4.6.1