From: Nelson Marcelino
Subject: SLIME INTERACTION
I have slime up and running with SBCL. I have a problem -- I want to
load a file such as (load "mylisp.lisp") and I keep getting an error
that it doesn't recognize the file. In the documentation, which is
lousy, it says to use <> for filename. Is this the trick? When using
Clisp from terminal i can load the file no problem. However for some
reason SLIME does not recognize Clisp...

can anyone help me with this?

thx...

From: Luke Gorrie
Subject: Re: SLIME INTERACTION
·········@yahoo.com (Nelson Marcelino) writes:

> I have slime up and running with SBCL. I have a problem -- I want to
> load a file such as (load "mylisp.lisp") and I keep getting an error
> that it doesn't recognize the file.

If you're using a relative filename then perhaps the trouble is that
Lisp's current directory isn't what you expect. You can try typing
",cd" at the slime prompt to check or change the current
directory. (The comma means it's a "shortcut" command.)

You could also load the file by opening it in Emacs and then typing
`C-c C-l', or both compile and load it with `C-c C-k'.

If pain persists then please post the exact command you ran and the
error message.

> In the documentation, which is lousy, it says to use <> for
> filename. Is this the trick?

What documentation are you referring to?

-Luke
From: Petter Gustad
Luke Gorrie <····@bluetail.com> writes:

> ·········@yahoo.com (Nelson Marcelino) writes:
>
> > I have slime up and running with SBCL. I have a problem -- I want to
> > load a file such as (load "mylisp.lisp") and I keep getting an error
> > that it doesn't recognize the file.
>
> If you're using a relative filename then perhaps the trouble is that
> Lisp's current directory isn't what you expect. You can try typing
> ",cd" at the slime prompt to check or change the current

You can also type C-c ~ (slime-sync-package-and-default-directory) in
the mylisp.lisp buffer which will change the slime repl directory to
the location of mylisp.lisp. C-c z will take you from the mylisp.lisp
buffer to the slime repl buffer.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: Marco Baringer
Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:

> C-c z will take you from the mylisp.lisp buffer to the slime repl
> buffer.

minor detail: that's C-c C-z

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.
From: Petter Gustad
Marco Baringer <··@bese.it> writes:

> Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:
>
> > C-c z will take you from the mylisp.lisp buffer to the slime repl
> > buffer.
>
> minor detail: that's C-c C-z

Oops. That is correct. Sorry about the typo.

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?