From: Andreas Thiele
Subject: Debugging clisp FFI calls into newly written DLL
Using MSVC 6.0 I wrote a DLL. FFI calls out and in work fine, no
problem.

Now it goes into deeper detail and thus it would be helpful to use
MSVC debugger. Here is my problem. When I start clisp from within the
MSVC debugger (to debug my DLL) I run into an access violation. Also
attaching to the running process with the debugger causes access
violation. To speak clearly: my DLL works, I just can't debug it.

When I apply the same procedure to gold hill lisp (probably
deprecated) everything is fine.

Any help or hint is greatly appreciated.

Andreas
From: Andreas Thiele
It is not difficult to build clisp using msvc from sources. A description
can be found in directory win32msvc of the source distribution (at least of
2.32). The resulting lisp.exe together with lispinit.mem can be used withing
ms debugger. The debug version makefile.msvc5d is not needed. I used msvc 6
with makefile.msvc5. Now I can step through my DLL.

Hope this helps the next guy who tries to write a DLL using visual studio -
if there are any :-)