From: Arthur T. Murray
Subject: Immortal Self-Rejuvenating Artificial Intelligence
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html needs porting to Lisp.

From: Kent Paul Dolan
·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) wrote:
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html needs porting to Lisp.

Anyone contemplating participating should probably read this first:

http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html

FYI

xanthian.
From: Larry Clapp
In article <········@news.victoria.tc.ca>, Arthur T. Murray wrote:
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html needs porting to Lisp.

After y'all get it working, it can do it itself.
From: Johnny
·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) wrote in message news:<········@news.victoria.tc.ca>...
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html needs porting to Lisp.

From what language, HTML?
From: Arthur T. Murray
"Johnny" wrote on 25 Jul 2004:

> ·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) wrote in message
>> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html needs porting to Lisp.
>
> From what language, HTML?

No, not HTML, but JavaScript. HTML is just the wrapper for
an 87K artificial Mind written in 1,803 lines of JavaScript.

http://isbn.nu/0595654371 is the AI textbook that explains it all.

http://pub.ufasta.edu.ar/ohcop/curso2003/27-Actividad12.ppt is a
PowerPoint slideshow in Spanish that further explains the modules.

Mentifex artificial intelligence is an opportunity for Lisp coders.
Anyone contemplating participating should probably read this first:

http://www.advogato.org/article/769.html

FYI

mentifex.
From: Johnny
From: Arthur T. Murray
"Johnny" wrote on 27 Jul 2004:

> Why do you want it translated into Lisp?

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html is a prototype Mind:

                  ____________           ____________
AI4U textbook    /            \         /            \
User's Manual   (   Motorium   )       (   Security   )
Add your link    \____________/         \____________/
        ____________                               ____________
       /            \                             /            \
      (  Volition    )       Thinking...         (  Sensorium   )
       \____________/                             \____________/
                  ____________           ____________
                 /            \         /            \
                (    Think     )       (   Emotion    )
                 \____________/         \____________/

The AI Mind needs Lisp (and other languages) because JavaScript is
too confining. Lisp is *the* language of artificial intelligence.

Arthur T. Murray
From: Pascal Bourguignon
·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) writes:
> "Johnny" wrote on 27 Jul 2004:
>
> > Why do you want it translated into Lisp?
>
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html is a prototype Mind:
>
>                   ____________           ____________
> AI4U textbook    /            \         /            \
> User's Manual   (   Motorium   )       (   Security   )
> Add your link    \____________/         \____________/
>         ____________                               ____________
>        /            \                             /            \
>       (  Volition    )       Thinking...         (  Sensorium   )
>        \____________/                             \____________/
>                   ____________           ____________
>                  /            \         /            \
>                 (    Think     )       (   Emotion    )
>                  \____________/         \____________/
>
> The AI Mind needs Lisp (and other languages) because JavaScript is
> too confining. Lisp is *the* language of artificial intelligence.

Why don't you write it yourself in Lisp?

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein
From: Arthur T. Murray
Pascal Bourguignon wrote on 28 Jul 2004:

> ·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) writes:
>> [...]
>> The AI Mind needs Lisp (and other languages) because JavaScript is
>> too confining. Lisp is *the* language of artificial intelligence.
>
> Why don't you write it yourself in Lisp?

Probably my next language of AI implementation, after
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mindrexx.html REXX;
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html Win32Forth; and
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html JavaScript
will be Perl -- so as to create a server-resident Mind.

But what language would be best for AI Minds that flit
from host to host about the Web, living sometimes in
supercomputers, and at other times in mobile robots?

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html is a prototype Mind:

                  ____________           ____________
AI4U textbook    /            \         /            \
User's Manual   (   Motorium   )       (   Security   )
Add your link    \____________/         \____________/
        ____________                               ____________
       /            \                             /            \
      (  Volition    )      Listening...         (  Sensorium   )
       \____________/                             \____________/
                   ____________           ____________
                  /            \         /            \
                 (    Think     )       (   Emotion    )
                  \____________/         \____________/

This program, the first true artificial intelligence on the Web,
cycles through Thinking, Listening, Rejuvenating and Terminated.
From: Christopher C. Stacy
 Arthur> This program, the first true artificial intelligence on the Web,
 Arthur> cycles through Thinking, Listening, Rejuvenating and Terminated.

I think there's a bug: it never gets to the "Terminated" part.

                  ____________           ____________
                 /            \         /            \
                (   Kookorium  )       (  Compulsion  )
                 \____________/         \____________/
        ____________                               ______________
       /            \                             /              \
      (  Vaporium    )      Spamming....         (  Nonsensorium  )
       \____________/                             \______________/
                  /            \         /                 \
                 (    Lying     )       (   Hallucinations  )
                  \____________/         \_________________/
From: Mark Carter
Christopher C. Stacy wrote:

>  Arthur> This program, the first true artificial intelligence on the Web,
>  Arthur> cycles through Thinking, Listening, Rejuvenating and Terminated.
>
> I think there's a bug: it never gets to the "Terminated" part.
>
>                   ____________           ____________
>                  /            \         /            \
>                 (   Kookorium  )       (  Compulsion  )
>                  \____________/         \____________/
>         ____________                               ______________
>        /            \                             /              \
>       (  Vaporium    )      Spamming....         (  Nonsensorium  )
>        \____________/                             \______________/
>                    ____________           _________________
>                   /            \         /                 \
>                  (    Lying     )       (   Hallucinations  )
>                   \____________/         \_________________/

LOL.

If you like this, then you should probably check out:

Timecube:
http://www.timecube.com/
"To ignore Time Cube is evil". My all-time favourite.

Virtual Interaction Configuration
http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/vic-contents.html
An Integrated Development Environment. V.I.C. takes IDEs beyond even
what emacs/lisp can accomplish, by leveraging the power of crop circles.
Or something.

For a more extensive listing, visit
http://www.crank.net/contents.html
It categorises kooks alphabetically and hierarchically.
From: Johnny
·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) wrote in message news:<········@news.victoria.tc.ca>...
> Pascal Bourguignon wrote on 28 Jul 2004:
>
> > ·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) writes:
> >> [...]
> >> The AI Mind needs Lisp (and other languages) because JavaScript is
> >> too confining. Lisp is *the* language of artificial intelligence.
> >
> > Why don't you write it yourself in Lisp?
>
> Probably my next language of AI implementation, after
> http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mindrexx.html REXX;
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html Win32Forth; and
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html JavaScript
> will be Perl -- so as to create a server-resident Mind.
>
> But what language would be best for AI Minds that flit
> from host to host about the Web, living sometimes in
> supercomputers, and at other times in mobile robots?
>
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html is a prototype Mind:
>
>                   ____________           ____________
> AI4U textbook    /            \         /            \
> User's Manual   (   Motorium   )       (   Security   )
> Add your link    \____________/         \____________/
>         ____________                               ____________
>        /            \                             /            \
>       (  Volition    )      Listening...         (  Sensorium   )
>        \____________/                             \____________/
>                    ____________           ____________
>                   /            \         /            \
>                  (    Think     )       (   Emotion    )
>                   \____________/         \____________/
>
> This program, the first true artificial intelligence on the Web,
> cycles through Thinking, Listening, Rejuvenating and Terminated.

Lisp is a speech defect. Why did you cross-post to hearing-loss?

I can translate your work into postscript for you for a small fee.
From: Paolo Amoroso
·····@victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) writes:

> But what language would be best for AI Minds that flit
> from host to host about the Web, living sometimes in
> supercomputers, and at other times in mobile robots?

Spam?

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools (Google for info on each):
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface
From: André Thieme
Arthur T. Murray schrieb: