From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Subject: ACL sockets
Hi,

Could you help me please? Two questions about ACL sockets (ACL 6.2)

After a number of successful attempts I've found myself in a situation
when I can't create a socket anymore. Something went wrong and I don't
know what.

   sock3(236): (socket:make-socket :connect :passive :local-port 9999
:reuse-address t)
   Error: "Local socket address already in use" (errno 98) occured while
creating a passive socket.
     [condition type: socket-error]

   # netstat -nap | grep 9999
   tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9999            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      850/mlisp
   tcp       16      0 127.0.0.1:9999          127.0.0.1:38465
CLOSE_WAIT  -
   #

I had only one mlisp process at the time. So it is definitely he (it) who
"hold" the socket.

Is it still possible to bring mlisp "to his senses" concerning this
socket (port 9999) or the only way is to kill it? Why such a situation
might have happened?

Another question if you don't mind.

I have two examples of the server listening on a socket and responding to
the coming from it requests. On written in C another in CL (ACL). The only
significant difference in their basic functionality is that I had to put

   (force-output sock)

in ACL version after sending response to the client. Without this
client never saw the answer. Can I tune ACL socket to behave like a C
one?  (something with socket-control or maybe set-socket-options)?

Thanks in advance

--
Vladimir Zolotykh
From: Karsten Poeck
Subject: Re: ACL sockets
For the first question, did you try the following option?

 :reuse-address sets the SO_REUSEADDR flag. This allows a particular port to
be reopened in :connect  :passive mode even if there is an existing
connection for the port. This is very useful when debugging a server program
since without it you may have to wait up to a minute after closing a
particular port to reopen the same port again (due to certain port-non-reuse
requirements found in the TCP/IP protocol).

"Vladimir Zolotykh" <······@eurocom.od.ua> wrote in message
·····················@news.eurocom.od.ua...
> Hi,
>
> Could you help me please? Two questions about ACL sockets (ACL 6.2)
>
> After a number of successful attempts I've found myself in a situation
> when I can't create a socket anymore. Something went wrong and I don't
> know what.
>
>    sock3(236): (socket:make-socket :connect :passive :local-port 9999
> :reuse-address t)
>    Error: "Local socket address already in use" (errno 98) occured while
> creating a passive socket.
>      [condition type: socket-error]

salud2

Karsten