From: Sander Roosendaal
Subject: Lisp online courses
Dear all,

I am interested in learning Lisp. At university I have learned Turbopascal,
used some Fortran and C for real work, and am currently using mainly Perl
and Scheme. I've obtained and read (but not experimented with the code
from) the book "ANSI common lisp" by Paul Graham.

Ideally, I would prefer a good web course which I can do in my own pace,
using some real (useful, but limited of course) example applications. for
now, I should start playing with the code from the book, but if you can
recommend any websites, please do.

I do not have any deadlines or specific purposes for this. Not aiming to
become and expert. Just for the fun of learning the language. It appeals to
me.

--
hartelijke groeten,

Sander
······@wereldraadsel.nl

If this helped, please take the time to rate the value of this post
http://rate.affero.net/sander/

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: Lisp online courses
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:13:34 +0200, Sander Roosendaal <······@wereldraadsel.nl> wrote:

> Ideally, I would prefer a good web course which I can do in my own
> pace, using some real (useful, but limited of course) example
> applications. for now, I should start playing with the code from the
> book, but if you can recommend any websites, please do.

  <http://www.psychologie.uni-trier.de:8000/projects/ELM/elmart.html>

You might also want to look at

  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/>
  <http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/LispBook/>
  <http://www.psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/cover.html>

> If this helped, please take the time to rate the value of this post
> http://rate.affero.net/sander/

Not really... :)

Cheers,
Edi.

--

"Lisp doesn't look any deader than usual to me."
(David Thornley, reply to a question older than most languages)

From: Sander Roosendaal
Thanks!