From: Martin Jacobs
Subject: Looking for a parser
I am looking for a parser to analyse formal English text. I am also a
relative newbee on Lisp. Can anyone help to get me started?

Thanks,
Martin

From: Jeff Caldwell
Subject: Re: Looking for a parser
Hi Martin,

I had tried to send you an email recommending that you take a look at
Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming by Peter Norvig. It's a
great book for learning Lisp, even if one is not interested in AI per se. It
also has code for looking at English text. PAIP is a good place to start.

Jeff

·················@reader10.wxs.nl...

From: Marco Antoniotti
The parser in Norvig's PAIP is pretty good.

You may want to check the TRAINS parser from Rochester University by Allen.

marco