From: Mike Ferrador
Subject: [Movitz] text console video on Toshiba Satellite
I've been going around with the floppy, testing compatability -
(I must have done something wrong with grub-bootloader.img+los0.img
  to NTRaWrite since it didn't seem to work anywhere)

both 3470 & 4043 - 1.5 parens ()( - then pretty text colors/hierglyphs
on the built in Rage mobility AGP - LCD

---

An existing Gentoo HD GRUB did load los0.img (forgot the line at home)
a RH LILO said "Too Big" (mabey I have to play with linear, etc opts?)

---

<whisper> I see garbage collected S expressions </whisper>
From: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld
Mike Ferrador <·····@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've been going around with the floppy, testing compatability -
> (I must have done something wrong with grub-bootloader.img+los0.img
>   to NTRaWrite since it didn't seem to work anywhere)

I've uploaded a new file los0+grub.img, could you try this and tell me
what if anything goes wrong?

> both 3470 & 4043 - 1.5 parens ()( - then pretty text
> colors/hierglyphs on the built in Rage mobility AGP - LCD

This bootloader uses some tricks for loading bigger kernels that
aren't guaranteed to work on all BIOSes. This loader is mostly there
because it allows easy booting with bochs. I don't think it's worth
the effort to debug this loader for every weird BIOS out there: Use
GRUB instead.

Or if you like, use the source and debug the bootloader so that it
works for your Toshiba, and submit a patch :-)

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld