From: Mike Ferrador
Subject: [CLISP] 2.33.1-1 looks for pq.dll [CygWin] CLX?
The relevant GMANE group seems to be uni-directional -

Sam Steingold wrote:

 > please upload the new stable release 2.33.1 of GNU CLISP

The CygWin Installer seems to want to upgrade clisp to 2.33.1-1
which is looking for pq.dll, I manually "downgrade / KEEP".

Since CygWin has X11, could CLX be added to the standard
FULL linkset (It's that way in linux, right) ?

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: [CLISP] 2.33.1-1 looks for pq.dll [CygWin] CLX?
> * Mike Ferrador <·····@lnubb.pbz> [2004-07-11 15:50:25 +0000]:
>
> The CygWin Installer seems to want to upgrade clisp to 2.33.1-1
> which is looking for pq.dll, I manually "downgrade / KEEP".

clisp is built with PostgreSQL support.

> Since CygWin has X11, could CLX be added to the standard
> FULL linkset (It's that way in linux, right) ?

someone (seh?) already asked for clx to be removed from the clisp build.
go figure.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
PI seconds is a nanocentury
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Sam Steingold <···@gnu.org> writes:

> > * Mike Ferrador <·····@lnubb.pbz> [2004-07-11 15:50:25 +0000]:
> >
> > The CygWin Installer seems to want to upgrade clisp to 2.33.1-1
> > which is looking for pq.dll, I manually "downgrade / KEEP".
>
> clisp is built with PostgreSQL support.
>
> > Since CygWin has X11, could CLX be added to the standard
> > FULL linkset (It's that way in linux, right) ?
>
> someone (seh?) already asked for clx to be removed from the clisp build.
> go figure.

This is not surprizing.

The problem is with package dependencies. Sometimes, you want a
minimal instal with only the small but efficient tool (clisp) without
any bloat.

Packagers should do as with emacs (emacs vs. emacs-nox) and propose
two packages: clisp (with linkset FULL), clisp-nox (with linkset
FULL-NOX).

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein
From: Steven E. Harris
Sam Steingold <···@gnu.org> writes:

>> Since CygWin has X11, could CLX be added to the standard
>> FULL linkset (It's that way in linux, right) ?
>
> someone (seh?) already asked for clx to be removed from the clisp build.

Yes, that's right. Cygwin /can/ have X11, but it need not. One can
choose many Cygwin packages in "nox" variants to avoid any X11
dependency creep. I was asking for CLISP to respect these choices.

--
Steven E. Harris
From: Sam Steingold
Mike Ferrador <·····@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<·······················@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
> The relevant GMANE group seems to be uni-directional -

clisp-list (gname.lisp.clisp.general) is what you are looking for.
(clisp-devel is, indeed, uni-directional).
<http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#rejected>