From: Martin Jacobs
Subject: Summariser, text-analyser
I am working on my dissertation for the University of Liverpool. For my
project I want to try and make a functional size measurement of some natural
language document. I want to follow FPA-rules (function point analysis, see
e.g. IFPUG or Nesma). I think I need a summariser that removes text-parts
that have (probably) no relationship with FPA or functional sizing. I am
designing an onthology that guides the summariser. I think I also need an
analyser that takes the elements out of the text that I can ultimately feed
into the FPA set of rules resulting in an FPA-count. The summariser also
needs the ontology.
Does anyone know of components, code-snippets, ... I could use as a basis?

Martin
..