From: Peter Herth
Subject: Ltk 0.8.5 released.
Hi,

the newest version of Ltk, 0.8.5 has just been released. It can be found
at: http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/

The change notes are:

generic function (text widget) and (setf (text widget) value) in for those
widgets that support text change.
generic function (value widget) and (setf (value widget) val) in for
 check-button, radio-button, menucheckbutton, menuradiobutton, scale
pack function uses keywords for parameters like :side :x instead of :side
"x"
new pack keywords  after before padx pady ipadx ipady anchor (now complete)
new widget scrolled-frame and scrolled-text
new create-line* function
all canvas items supported now (new: arc bitmap rectangle window)
get-text function no longer uses temporary file and is replaced  buy the
generic text function (settable)
removed get-content and set-content methods for entry widget, use (text
entry) and (setf (text entry) val) instead
removed do-read-line as every tk output should be read-able now
all grid keywords supported: columnspan ipadx ipady padx pady rowspan sticky
(accepts keywords as values)
new generic function background (settable), it is planned to wrap the common
configuration options into settable generic functions
renamed start-w send-w format-w read-w *w* to start-wish etc.
after has an optional argument label now to distinguish several events which
can now be scheduled in parallel
configure function allows keywords for option and value now.

Thanks to all, who contributed to this by their feedback and suggestions.
If you have any problems, feedback or suggestions for improvement, by all
means send them to me! Especially as the coverage of the Tk functions gets
rather complete now, it is time to aesthetically tune the Lisp interface
(Special thanks to Paul Foley for all his suggestions here). So if you
think something should get changed to better fit it into Lisp style, speak
out.

Peter

--
pet project: http://dawn.netcologne.de
homepage:    http://www.peter-herth.de

From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: Re: Ltk 0.8.5 released.
Peter Herth <·····@netcologne.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> the newest version of Ltk, 0.8.5 has just been released. It can be found
> at: http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/

cool, and thanks.

There is one thing that I must have missed on the site/docs, what is
the reference version of tk?  8.3 and 8.4 are different in some respects,
it looks like 8.4 from some of the keywords listed(but I am not that good
with tk).

Thanks again,

marc
From: Peter Herth
Marc Spitzer wrote:

> There is one thing that I must have missed on the site/docs, what is
> the reference version of tk?  8.3 and 8.4 are different in some respects,
> it looks like 8.4 from some of the keywords listed(but I am not that good
> with tk).

I am testing against 8.4. This ist the newest mayor release I know of, but
around long enough that it should be avialable on most platforms. However
using Ltk with older versions should not provide too big problems as the
communication with Tk is text based. So if you just not use keywords not
present in your Tk version, it should work. (If you know about compatibility
problems, please let me know so that I can at least document them).

Peter