From: Nelson Marcelino
Subject: lisp restart
Hi all,

is there a way to reset lisp without having to exit from SLIME?

Also is there a way to retract or reset an assertion such as

have (setf x '(1 2 3 4))

and then destroying x without having to do a (setf x nil)

From: Luke Gorrie
Subject: Re: lisp restart
·········@yahoo.com (Nelson Marcelino) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to reset lisp without having to exit from SLIME?

The undocumented way that I do it is to kill the *inferior-lisp*
buffer (i.e. the lisp process) and then do `M-x slime'
again. Alternatively you could do ,quit in the REPL, but that'll wipe
out your old REPL history.

If you have the `slime-selector' command globally bound (highly
recommended) then you can use `<select> i' to pull up *inferior-lisp*
to kill it.
From: André Thieme
Nelson Marcelino schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to reset lisp without having to exit from SLIME?
>
> Also is there a way to retract or reset an assertion such as
>
> have (setf x '(1 2 3 4))
>
> and then destroying x without having to do a (setf x nil)

Try:
(unintern 'x)

Andr�