From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Subject: CLIM CALENDAR
Hi,

A question about CLIM. This is rather unfortunately because as it
seems CLIM isn't very frequently discussed subject hitherto and that
lessens my chances to get the answer.

At the bottom of page 175 in the CLIM 2 User Guide I can read "Another
example application defined in chapter 2 is for the calendar
application:" followed by DEFINE-APPLICATION-FRAME for that
application. However Chapter 2 of the same guide contains nothing of
the kind. Has somebody seen the code for that application not just the
frame definition? If so, I would be grateful if you posted it or sent
to me privately.

Ideally, this is not exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like better the
menu like implementation of the calendar (using MENU-CHOOSE or more
likely MENU-CHOOSE-FROM-DRAWER) than the whole implementation. But the
latter might inspire me how to do the former, about which now I have
no idea.

Thanks in advance

--
Vladimir Zolotykh

From: Vladimir Zolotykh
Subject: Re: CLIM CALENDAR
Vladimir Zolotykh wrote:

> At the bottom of page 175 in the CLIM 2 User Guide I can read "Another

Sorry. Forgot to mention that it was Allegro CLIM 2 User Guide, version 2.2
June 2000

--
Vladimir Zolotykh
From: Paolo Amoroso
Vladimir Zolotykh <······@eurocom.od.ua> writes:

> A question about CLIM. This is rather unfortunately because as it
> seems CLIM isn't very frequently discussed subject hitherto and that
> lessens my chances to get the answer.

I suggest that you subscribe to the CLIM mailing list at BBN (and
check the archives, which are full of interesting info). Traffic is
low these days, but there are still a number of knowledgeable CLIM
users who lurk there and can probably answer your questions. I got
useful answers to mine.

> At the bottom of page 175 in the CLIM 2 User Guide I can read "Another
> example application defined in chapter 2 is for the calendar
> application:" followed by DEFINE-APPLICATION-FRAME for that
> application. However Chapter 2 of the same guide contains nothing of
> the kind. Has somebody seen the code for that application not just the

I confirm that the full source code of the calendar demo is not
included in the manual. It might be provided among the demos that come
with CLIM for Allegro CL, but I am not a Franz customer and I am
unable to check.

Paolo