From: Marc Spitzer
Subject: lispnyc at linux expo
From the guy whow was running the booth at linux expo:

Subject: [Lisp] LWE - day 2
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:05:25 -0500
Sender: ··········@lispnyc.org

The proof is in the pudding: we got between 50 and 60 dollars in
donations today!   ...this means between the cards, CDs, labels,
trifolds, pens and other expenses, we're in the black!

We must also be doing something right as:

  200 of our 250 pens are gone
  140 of our 150 business cards are gone
  200 of our 250 trifolds are gone

Many thanks to Wayne for his much-needed infusion of CDs and for some
awesome booth duty- he was a great help in everything.  Mr. Spitzer was
also in rare form today by showing off his extreme prowess of geek
schmoozeitude.  Awesome.

Also today we had our first feedback from the Lisp Education CD.
Someone whom we gave one to yesterday came back to the booth today,
exclaimed his newfound love of Lisp, and promptly donated $20!

I also realize that there are a more closed Lispers than I ever
imagined!  So many people came out of their way to stop by and say
something really cool about Lisp.

- Heow

marc

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: lispnyc at linux expo
Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:

> From the guy whow was running the booth at linux expo:
[...]
> Also today we had our first feedback from the Lisp Education CD.

What was on that CD?

Paolo
From: Marc Spitzer
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:

> Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:
>
>> From the guy whow was running the booth at linux expo:
> [...]
>> Also today we had our first feedback from the Lisp Education CD.
>
> What was on that CD?

iff I remember correctly:

ACL under wine(windows emulation)
Lispworks for linux
cmucl and emacs
plus a bunch of docs.

It runs under knopix linux so you do not need to install it
on your computer.

I think it will be put up for download, when we can find
a cost effective way to do it.  I am pretty sure the licences
are all worked out for this.

marc
From: Kenny Tilton
Marc Spitzer wrote:

> Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:
>
> > Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:
> >
> >> From the guy whow was running the booth at linux expo:
> > [...]
> >> Also today we had our first feedback from the Lisp Education CD.
> >
> > What was on that CD?
>
> iff I remember correctly:
>
> ACL under wine(windows emulation)
> Lispworks for linux
> cmucl and emacs
> plus a bunch of docs.
>
> It runs under knopix linux so you do not need to install it
> on your computer.
>
> I think it will be put up for download, when we can find
> a cost effective way to do it.  I am pretty sure the licences
> are all worked out for this.

I doubt it. The "bunch of docs" included some on-line books with
permission of the author under the provizo that the CD not be public
domain. Not sure about the commercial Lisps, either. Of course it is a
simple matter to replace those with links to the on-line books and
commercial sites.

kenny

--

 http://www.tilton-technology.com/
"[If anyone really has healing powers,] I would like to call