From: Edi Weitz
Subject: alu.cliki.net slow?
I don't know what's the right place to post this so I'll try it
here. alu.cliki.net is painfully slow for me and it has been so for a
couple of weeks. (To be a tiny little bit more exact: Sometimes it is
- mostly when I start viewing or editing - and sometimes it isn't -
mostly after I've visited a couple of pages.)

This doesn't seem to be a network-related problem on my side because I
can ping the site fine and I have no problems with www.cliki.net which
resolves to the same IP address.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Edi.
From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: alu.cliki.net slow?
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 11:28:25 +0100, I <ยทยทยท@agharta.de> wrote:

> I don't know what's the right place to post this so I'll try it
> here. alu.cliki.net is painfully slow for me and it has been so for
> a couple of weeks. (To be a tiny little bit more exact: Sometimes it
> is - mostly when I start viewing or editing - and sometimes it isn't
> - mostly after I've visited a couple of pages.)
>
> This doesn't seem to be a network-related problem on my side because
> I can ping the site fine and I have no problems with www.cliki.net
> which resolves to the same IP address.
>
> Any ideas?

Dan Barlow (who currently doesn't have Usenet access) just sent me
this email:

  "I noticed a post on cll today via groups.google which IIRC was from
   you, asking why the alu.cliki.net site is so slow.  I've observed
   this too.  I believe it's not actually a problem with CLiki: it's
   due to the real ALU site at www.alu.org (which alu.cliki.net refers
   to for CSS and images) being either down or very slow.

   I can't post to usenet right now, but if this accords with your
   observations (if indeed they were your observations, and I'm not
   just misremembering horribly), please feel free to forward this
   message onto comp.lang.lisp.  I don't have any particular ins with
   the ALU people so I couldn't really say what's happening on their
   end."