From: Robert Bruce Carleton
Subject: Another Symbolics LISPM page
In November of 2003 I bought a Symbolics MacIvory II workstation from the
still existing Symbolics company. I received a few emails asking about the
workstation that I bought. I thought I would post some information about it
for those who might be interested.  You can see the page at:

 http://home.hakuhale.net/rbc/symbolics/

Aloha,

   --Bruce

--
Robert Bruce Carleton + ···@hakuhale.net + http://home.hakuhale.net/rbc/
From: Paul Rubin
Subject: Re: Another Symbolics LISPM page
Robert Bruce Carleton <···@hakuhale.net> writes:
> In November of 2003 I bought a Symbolics MacIvory II workstation from the
> still existing Symbolics company. I received a few emails asking about the
> workstation that I bought. I thought I would post some information about it
> for those who might be interested.  You can see the page at:
>
>  http://home.hakuhale.net/rbc/symbolics/

Interesting.  The conclusion of the linked article "A few things I
know about LISP Machines" is especially cool:

    The Lisp Machine software is very refreshing, though the hardware
    is slow. When using it, you feel like you've discovered a lost
    world of forgotten wisdom: an integrated system without address
    space barriers, where applications exchange objects and interact
    with function calls, where one programmable user interface
    consistently spans the whole system, where the documentation is
    directly accessible from one contextual click. It's clearly not
    designed as a secure simultaneous multi-user machine by any
    stretch of imagination, but as far as single-user experience goes,
    although it lacks some fancy and whizzbang in its window system,
    it gives you the feeling it is the One way Nature meant
    programming to be, that was ignored, forgotten and/or corrupted by
    other computer makers.