From: ·······@noshpam.lbl.government
Subject: "Road to Lisp" Survey
Lame! It appears that my "Road to Lisp" survey was erased! Does
anybody know what's going on with that survey? It seems to be in need
of some maintenance...

~Tomer

--
()

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: "Road to Lisp" Survey
·······@noshpam.lbl.government wrote:
> Lame! It appears that my "Road to Lisp" survey was erased! Does
> anybody know what's going on with that survey? It seems to be in need
> of some maintenance...

Well, it's hard to tell from the cheap seats, but methinks the problem
is with the indexing by the underlying iki. Are you sure it is gone, or
is it not just appearing in the expected cross-referencing indexes? The
latter seems to have broken a few months ago. I made a few inquiries,
but never heard anything back. I pretty much gave up. You might try
pestering the ALU to see if they care.

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Daniel Barlow

> Well, it's hard to tell from the cheap seats, but methinks the problem
> is with the indexing by the underlying iki. Are you sure it is gone,
> or is it not just appearing in the expected cross-referencing indexes?
> The latter seems to have broken a few months ago. I made a few
> inquiries, but never heard anything back. I pretty much gave up. You
> might try pestering the ALU to see if they care.

Everyu time I try to mail Kenny, it bounces with a nasty message from
his ISP to the effect that they don't want mail from me.  So, I pretty
much gave up: if roadrunner think it adds value to their services to
bounce mail from cable modems (they accept the mail and then bounce
it, instead of just refusing the connection, so my fallback smarthost
never gets a look in) good luck to them.

Yes, cliki indexing is broken.  This is something to do with the
support for versioning that was introduced at Christmas.  No, I don't
know what.  It's on my list of things to look at sometime when I don't
have too much else to do.

Despite its name, the ALU wiki is still hosted on the same machine
(and in fact, in the same Lisp image) as cliki.net.  I haven't heard
much (anything) from ALU folk recently; I don't know whether they plan
to change this.

-dan

--
"please make sure that the person is your friend before you confirm"
From: Kenny Tilton
Daniel Barlow wrote:
> Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> writes:
>

>>Well, it's hard to tell from the cheap seats, but methinks the problem
>>is with the indexing by the underlying iki. Are you sure it is gone,
>>or is it not just appearing in the expected cross-referencing indexes?
>>The latter seems to have broken a few months ago. I made a few
>>inquiries, but never heard anything back. I pretty much gave up. You
>>might try pestering the ALU to see if they care.
>

> Everyu time I try to mail Kenny, it bounces with a nasty message from
> his ISP to the effect that they don't want mail from me.

And I /still/ get spam all day long. Well, thx for the info. It is
definitely a low priority item.

I have an idea. Anyone who has provided a Road but does not appear in
the highlight film (see sig), send me a heads up and I will add it
there. That will make it more visible.

kt
From: Kenny Tilton
Try this: http://alu.cliki.net/Tomer%20Altman

Found it on the Road by Switch Year page, where ironically the index
deficiency is most apparent:

     http://alu.cliki.net/The%20RtLS%20by%20Switch%20Year

kenny

--