From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: <pop!> Cello for Linux
Pass the bubbly: Frank G. has ported Cello to Linux, using ACL 6.2
Trial. Issues were many but minor. I am starting a CelloWars chart to
track its march to world domination:

  LBFSWM = Linux, BSD, FreeBSD, Solaris, Win32, Mac OS X
A+   +
L    +
M-----
O-----
B     -
R---- -
= AllegroCL, Lispworks, CMUCL, SBCL, MCL, OpenMCL, (Bruno's) CLisp,
(Roger) CormanCL

+: ported
-: not applicable

Gotta go apply for a new common-lisp.net project and buy some champagne,
it's almost noon.

peace, love, and "all your OS event streams are belong to us",

    kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: <pop!> Cello for Linux
Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Pass the bubbly: Frank G. has ported Cello to Linux, using ACL 6.2
> Trial.

New screen shot, in Linux graph near top of (as always):

     http://www.tilton-technology.com/cellophane.html

Yes, there is a bug in the scheme to wrapp the skin continuously over
widgets. :)

kt
From: Artem Baguinski

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>> Pass the bubbly: Frank G. has ported Cello to Linux, using ACL 6.2
>> Trial.
>
> New screen shot, in Linux graph near top of (as always):
>
>      http://www.tilton-technology.com/cellophane.html
>
> Yes, there is a bug in the scheme to wrapp the skin continuously over
> widgets. :)

nice.

could you throw a .zip on me plz?

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm
From: Kenny Tilton
Artem Baguinski wrote:
> Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> writes:
>

>>Kenny Tilton wrote:
>>
>>>Pass the bubbly: Frank G. has ported Cello to Linux, using ACL 6.2
>>>Trial.
>>
>>New screen shot, in Linux graph near top of (as always):
>>
>>     http://www.tilton-technology.com/cellophane.html
>>
>>Yes, there is a bug in the scheme to wrapp the skin continuously over
>>widgets. :)
>

> nice.
>
> could you throw a .zip on me plz?

Sometime today I should (a) finish a code re-org making things like FTGL
and ImageMagick into optional add-ons and (b) get my common-lisp.net
project set up so (c) anyone can just FTP the mess from there. If a
happens but there is a problem with (bc), I'll put the zip up on my
site. Mailing the zip bounced as often as not.

What Lisp are you using? If CMUCL or SBCL, you need recent versions
which support callbacks into Lisp from C.

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Artem Baguinski

>> nice. could you throw a .zip on me plz?
>
> Sometime today I should (a) finish a code re-org making things like
> FTGL and ImageMagick into optional add-ons and (b) get my
> common-lisp.net project set up so (c) anyone can just FTP the mess
> from there. If a happens but there is a problem with (bc), I'll put
> the zip up on my site. Mailing the zip bounced as often as not.

aha! i'm anticipating ;-)

> What Lisp are you using? If CMUCL or SBCL, you need recent versions
> which support callbacks into Lisp from C.

CMUCL 18e. IIRC it has no plus in your table, so you can count me in
as a beta tester ;-)

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm
From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: ANNC: Cello on common-lisp.net [Re: <pop!> Cello for Linux]
The kind folks at common-lisp.net have graciously agreed to host the
Cello project, so...

Artem Baguinski wrote:

> aha! i'm anticipating ;-)

(b) is in da house:

>>What Lisp are you using? If CMUCL or SBCL, you need recent versions
>>which support callbacks into Lisp from C.
>

> CMUCL 18e. IIRC it has no plus in your table, so you can count me in
> as a beta tester ;-)

Tester? How about porter? :) Frank ported to Linux under AllegroCL
Trial, a nice incremental step since I develop on win32/ACL.
win32/LWTrial also works. CMUCL/SBCL are up for grabs (again, if you
have the patch for callbacks from C into Lisp.)

The zip I hope to put on the cello FTP location will not have been
merged with Frank's work, but come to think of it I could include his
nifty ChangeLog. Mostly fixing hard-coded pathnames.

Frank had some ideas for a directory structure I think will be helpful
to *nix folk, so most likely I'll let him set that up and make that the
CVS distro.

bear in mind that the only thing Cello is good for now is porting,
because the widget set is "just enough" to confirm a port has been
achieved. but I just have to port widgets from Cello precursors to round
out the functionality, so it should only be a week or two,

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com