From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: ANNC: Lisp FFI tools with OpenGL+Glut samples
OK, 3D-lovers, the (model) matrix is now your oyster (if UFFI loves you):

    http://www.tilton-technology.com/cellophane.html

Under "Early Cello Screen Shots", first paragraph, Portaglut (in the
form of dvx.ZIP, lies behind the "bindings" link.

I just built and ran via ACL LPRs and ACL using ASDF. See "build.lisp"
now at top level in new DVX directory, replacing DEV which was bad for
Linux/Unix. Build.lisp was in the cello directory.

The test function, as you will see in build.lisp, is (ogb::lesson-14).
The string "NeHe etc " swigns around in 3D. Hit esacpe to quit.

This will be quite a Hello,World. It involves successfully building
bindings to opengl as well as FreeGlut, and it shows callbacks
Lisp->C->Lisp work (and loading shared libs).

Note that this does not involve Cells, any Cello gui, FTGL, or
ImageMagick. It also has hard-coded DLL locations and more out the
wazoo. Seek and destroy.

btw, lesson-14 used to have code in there that used the glut bitmap
fonts as well as the glut stroke fonts now in there. those calls brought
down freeglut and the Lisp ide, so I yanked them.

caveat: Originally developed/tested on XP/ACL62, then ported to
NT/ACL501 to resolve a problem there. I have not yet swapped this back
to my ACL62/XP setup to make sure it still works there, but I will
tonight sometime.

caveat: To make UFFI work under ACL501 I snuck a conditionalization onto
  one place where the ACL62-only  :strings-convert option was used.

invitation: questions, comments, fixes for new environments.

however: regrettably, I myself won't have time to come up with fixes for
new environments.

peace, love, and the z-axis,

    kenny

--

  clinisys, inc
  http://www.tilton-technology.com/

  clinisys, inc
From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: ANNC: Lisp FFI tools with OpenGL+Glut samples
Kenny Tilton wrote:
> OK, 3D-lovers, the (model) matrix is now your oyster (if UFFI loves you):
>
>    http://www.tilton-technology.com/cellophane.html

Just installed from ZIP. Errata:

1. In dvx/lib there is a freeglut.zip from which freeglut.dll should be
extracted. Won't happen again.

2. Look for load of freeglut.dll from hard-coded "D:/dvx/lib".

3. Also look for hard-coded loads of opengl32 and glu32 from "/winnt".
That's "/windows" on other wins, lord knows what on other oses. The bad
news here is that uffi:load-library seems not to mind at all if it is
asked to load a non-existent library, so the first sign of trouble is a
runtime erorr something like "glClearColor? what the hell is that?"

4. ACL users: because the handling of the project files is such a
phenomenal PITA, I get "opengl-bindings" package not found because after
I change the defpackage inside the LPR (it's just source) to:

    (defpackage :opengl-bindings...)

ACL changes it back to common-graphics whenever it feels like it. :) I
would tell you the fix if I knew one, but in the past I just turn a few
hundred monkeys trying things at random until it works, and then I never
know which monkey fixed it nor certainly what they did to fix it.

kenny