From: Antti Isomursu
Subject: Newbie Question (Help needed)
Ok, I hope you can help me to get started with this common lisp
language.
So my question is that how can I make a windows executable file which
opens a box saying Hello World!

I know that,

' "Hello World!"

will print that, but what do I have to write before and after that?

I'm Using windows-XP with corman lisp program. I can also use emacs.

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: Newbie Question (Help needed)
Antti Isomursu wrote:
> Ok, I hope you can help me to get started with this common lisp
> language.
> So my question is that how can I make a windows executable file which
> opens a box saying Hello World!
>
> I know that,
>
> ' "Hello World!"
>
> will print that, but what do I have to write before and after that?
>
> I'm Using windows-XP with corman lisp program. I can also use emacs.

These questions are probably better posted to one of the Corman Lisp
discussion groups. See http://www.cormanlisp.com/

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
···············@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III
From: Carlos Ungil
Hello,

you will find some examples in the directory "examples/" in your
CormanLisp directory.

Some of them show how to create executables, like touch.lisp.

Cheers,

Carlos

;;;;	File:		touch.lisp
;;;;	Contents:	Touch utility.
;;;;	History:	7/24/01  RGC  Created.
;;;;
;;;;	To create the console application, load this file and use
;;;;    this command:
;;;;        (save-application "touch" #'main :console t :static t)

;; REMOVED STUFF

(defun main ()
	(format t "Touch by Roger Corman      Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Corman
Technologies~%")
	(let ((args (ccl:get-command-line-args)))
		(setf args
			(expand-wildcards
				(process-command-line-args args)))
		(if (or (null args) *display-usage-info*)
			(display-usage-info)
			(dolist (x args)
				(touch x *specified-time*)))
		(force-output)
		(win:exitprocess 0)))

From: Carlos Ungil
Hello,

I missed the "opens a box" part when I first read your post.
touch.lisp will create a console app, if you want windows things get a
bit more complicated: see examples/hellowin.lisp and the different
examples under examples/gui/