From: David R. Sky
Subject: Indenting
I've read several comments about the importance of indenting. I use
a screen reader, and frankly working with indenting is rather
tedious - my screen reader doesn't read the indentations or spaces
anyway. Which is why for my own use I break my code in paragraph
style instead, which my screen reader reads fine to me.

So my question is, apart from structuring LISP code visually, is
there some other importance to indenting?

Thanks

David

From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: Re: Indenting
"David R. Sky" <ยทยทยท@viper.wapvi.bc.ca> writes:

> So my question is, apart from structuring LISP code visually,
> is there some other importance to indenting?

No, it's just so that people can read it easily.
This is considered extremely important.

Most beginners confuse themselves terribly by not being able to
read their own poorly indented code.  (Experienced programmers
would make the same mistakes, but they indent, instead.)

You're supposed to use an editor that indents it for you.