From: Thomas Gagne
Subject: RDB Idioms in LISP
I was wondering if you could point me to some pages describing the idioms for
using RDBs with LISP.  It would seem there would be a strong relationship
between tuples and tables with lists.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: RDB Idioms in LISP
Thomas Gagne <······@wide-open-west.com> writes:

> I was wondering if you could point me to some pages describing the
> idioms for using RDBs with LISP.  It would seem there would be a
> strong relationship between tuples and tables with lists.

http://www.cliki.net/admin/search?words=sql

(with-adequate-macrology
  (assoc :name
      (first
         (select (id name salary) (from employee)
             (where (> salary 1000000) #| don't dream, it's cents |#)))))

Cats meow out of angst
"Thumbs! If only we had thumbs!
We could break so much!"
From: Kenny Tilton
Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> Thomas Gagne <······@wide-open-west.com> writes:
>

>>I was wondering if you could point me to some pages describing the
>>idioms for using RDBs with LISP.  It would seem there would be a
>>strong relationship between tuples and tables with lists.
>

> http://www.cliki.net/admin/search?words=sql
>
> (with-adequate-macrology...

Talk about reusable! Is that open source?

kenny

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: Bob Bechtel
I'm pleased to see that Common Lisp finally has an equivalent to
Interlisp's DWIM! (though I suppose it's been implicitly available all
along)

bob bechtel