From: Aaron Sloman
Subject: how do I access f77 libraries on linux (for lapack and blas)?[PS]
I wrote in my recent message:

> Recently a Pop11 interface to the Lapack and Blas (mathematics, linear
> algebra) libraries was added to Popvision:
>
>     http://www.netlib.org/lapack/
>     http://www.netlib.org/blas/
>
> These libraries were developed using Solaris on Suns, at Sussex
> University, ....

Just in case anyone misunderstands: The Lapack and Blas libraries were
not developed at Sussex, only the Pop11 libraries for invoking Lapack
and Blas procedures.

Apologies for not being more precise the first time.

Aaron
==
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
PAPERS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/cogaff/  (also talks in /talks )
FREE BOOK: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/cogaff/crp/
FREE TOOLS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/packages/simagent.html

From: rif
This is not a real answer to your question, but Matlisp provides Lisp
access to BLAS and LAPACK and works on Linux.  You could download and
install it, and see what libraries it has/is using.  My computers that
use it are all at work, but I can have a look on Monday if you still
need it.

rif
From: Aaron Sloman
rif <ยทยทยท@mit.edu> writes:

> Date: 11 Dec 2004 10:14:45 -0500
>

> This is not a real answer to your question, but Matlisp provides Lisp
> access to BLAS and LAPACK and works on Linux.  You could download and
> install it, and see what libraries it has/is using.  My computers that
> use it are all at work, but I can have a look on Monday if you still
> need it.

Many thanks. I downloaded it, but as far as I can see it uses only a
small subset of BLAS and LAPACK which does not include the
eigenvector stuff that causes the problems. I could not find any
reference in it to wsfe, though I only used 'grep -i'

Aaron
====