From: Gopi
Subject: Need Help ASAP
Definitions:
Functions are defined as two character upper-case alphas preceded by an
at sign (@). Functions will perform operations on a data register and
leave their result in that register. If a function does not return a
value, the value already in the register remains there.
OT
create temporary file 0
R0
read record from file 0 (returns a value - i.e. puts the record in the
register)
W0
write contents of the register to the current record in file 0,
overwriting the value that had been in that record
N0
move to next record in file 0
P0
move to previous record in file 0
F0
move to first record (head) of file 0
L0
move to last record (tail) of file 0
CT
close temporary file 0

All operations on file 0 are also valid on files 1-9. Records can
contain atoms (text or numeric strings) or lists. Lists are bounded by
braces (e.g. {}) and elements in those lists are separated by commas.
An element of a list can be an atom or another list {0,1,2,3} is a list
of the atoms 0,1, 2 and 3. Non-numeric text atoms need quotation marks
(") around them.

The declaration of an atom or list replaces the existing value in the
register with that atom or list.

| is the piece operator, acts on the register to extract elements from
a list. The elements are numbered beginning with 0
{3,7,1}|1 returns 7

{3,7,··@W0|1 would write {3,7,1} to file 0 and then execute |1 to
return 7

A list may be the argument to the piece operator. Each position listed
is returned in a list
{"ABC","DEF","G",7}|{1,3} returns {"DEF",7}

+ is the addition operator
1+3 leaves 4 in the register

@+ is the list addition operator
{3,··@+ returns 8

......Please answer the following............
Please answer the following questions about Magic Lite using the code
instructions found Here
The following lines of code build a file 0 with each line of code
inheriting the state left after the previous line of code has executed.
What are the results of the following lines of code: (i.e. what is left
in the register and what does file 0 look like after executing each
line of code)
Question 4

@OT,·@··@N0,{2,4,6,··@··@N0,·@··@··@··@R0

Record

Question 5

@R0+(@··@R0|1)+(@··@R0)

Record

Question 6

@··@··@····@··@W0

Record

Question 7

@··@R0+(@··@R0)

Record

Question 8

@··@R0|{1,··@··@··@W0|0

Record

Question 9

@··@·@W0

Record

Question 10

@··@··@····@··@···@··@CT

Record

Question 11

Write the code to produce the following file:

{"A","B"}
"C"
{1,2,3}
{4,5,6}

Question 12

What is the difference between a Record and the Register?

--
Gopi

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: Need to do your own homework ASAP
On 2004-12-09 21:34:06 -0500, Gopi <···········@mail.codecomments.com> said:

[paraphrasing]

> Please do my homework for me.

Gopi,
Traditionally, you  post what you've managed to work out on your own,
and people here reply with suggestions or hints. Simply posting the
problem set is unlikely to yield many useful responses.

In addition, one's professors are often Usenet newsgroup readers (many
often grace us with their posts as well) so you are quite likely to be
caught violating any school regulations that require you to do your own
assignments rather than farming them out to programmers on the internet.
From: Hartmann Schaffer
Subject: Re: Need to do your own homework ASAP
Raffael Cavallaro wrote:
> In addition, one's professors are often Usenet newsgroup readers (many
> often grace us with their posts as well) so you are quite likely to be
> caught violating any school regulations that require you to do your own
> assignments rather than farming them out to programmers on the internet.

you mean only companies are allowed to outsource? ;-)

hs
From: Thomas A. Russ
Hartmann Schaffer <··@hartmann.schaffernet> writes:

> Raffael Cavallaro wrote:
> > In addition, one's professors are often Usenet newsgroup readers (many
> > often grace us with their posts as well) so you are quite likely to be
> > caught violating any school regulations that require you to do your own
> > assignments rather than farming them out to programmers on the internet.
>
> you mean only companies are allowed to outsource? ;-)

Hmmm, maybe we should extend the outsourcing.

Of course, outsourcing would only be practical for homework
if we were able to charge for it.  I wonder how much the
posters would be willing to pay to have their homework
done for them?  Perhaps this might be a way to support
ALU or some other such cause?   ;')  ;')

(And no, I'm not really serious about this idea).
From: Friedrich Dominicus
···@sevak.isi.edu (Thomas A. Russ) writes:

> Hartmann Schaffer <··@hartmann.schaffernet> writes:
>

>> Raffael Cavallaro wrote:
>> > In addition, one's professors are often Usenet newsgroup readers (many
>> > often grace us with their posts as well) so you are quite likely to be
>> > caught violating any school regulations that require you to do your own
>> > assignments rather than farming them out to programmers on the internet.
>>
>> you mean only companies are allowed to outsource? ;-)
>
> Hmmm, maybe we should extend the outsourcing.
>
> Of course, outsourcing would only be practical for homework
> if we were able to charge for it.  I wonder how much the
> posters would be willing to pay to have their homework
> done for them?  Perhaps this might be a way to support
> ALU or some other such cause?   ;')  ;')
Very easy to chceck visit
http://www.hotdispatch.com
or
http://www.rentacoder.com

"Enjoy" it ...
Friedrich

--
Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.