From: ramza2
Subject: GNU Win32 CLISP and startup file
I cant seem to get start up file to work with CLisp on win32.  I use
the (directory "*") to find my home directory and have placed
.clisprc/.clisprc.lisp/.clisprc.lsp files in the home directories, but
nothing seems to load, hmm.  I have simple print code in those files,
and I cant call functions or anything, does anybody have any idea on
how to setup user rc files?

From: pj
Subject: Re: GNU Win32 CLISP and startup file
"ramza2" <············@gmail.com> wrote in message
·····························@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I cant seem to get start up file to work with CLisp on win32.  I use
> the (directory "*") to find my home directory and have placed
> .clisprc/.clisprc.lisp/.clisprc.lsp files in the home directories, but
> nothing seems to load, hmm.  I have simple print code in those files,
> and I cant call functions or anything, does anybody have any idea on
> how to setup user rc files?

Try   _clisprc.lisp  in your home directory.
From: Edi Weitz
On 3 Dec 2004 09:35:06 -0800, "ramza2" <············@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cant seem to get start up file to work with CLisp on win32.  I use
> the (directory "*") to find my home directory and have placed
> .clisprc/.clisprc.lisp/.clisprc.lsp files in the home directories,
> but nothing seems to load, hmm.  I have simple print code in those
> files, and I cant call functions or anything, does anybody have any
> idea on how to setup user rc files?

  <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.clisp.general/9008>

Edi

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: ramza2
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"ramza2" <············@gmail.com> writes:

> I cant seem to get start up file to work with CLisp on win32.  I use
> the (directory "*") to find my home directory and have placed
> .clisprc/.clisprc.lisp/.clisprc.lsp files in the home directories, but
> nothing seems to load, hmm.  I have simple print code in those files,
> and I cant call functions or anything, does anybody have any idea on
> how to setup user rc files?

To find your home directory you should use (USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME) instead.
    (TRUNAME (USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME))
could give good results.

You could update your .clisprc.lisp file with:

(with-open-file (out (make-pathname :defaults (USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME)
                                    :name ".clisp" :type "lisp")
                     :direction :output
                     :if-does-not-exists :create
                     :if-exists :append)
    (write out '(print "~&Happy hacking!~%")))

The world will now reboot; don't bother saving your artefacts.