From: Greg Menke
Subject: CL-HTTP download url?
I was going to upgrade my CL-HTTP and maybe give it a whirl under
CMUCL, the one I'm using is pretty ancient.  But none of the download
links I tried would even resolve- has something changed, or have I
forgotten the new location?

Thanks,

Gregm

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: CL-HTTP download url?
Greg Menke <··········@toadmail.com> wrote in message news:<··············@europa.pienet>...
> I was going to upgrade my CL-HTTP and maybe give it a whirl under
> CMUCL, the one I'm using is pretty ancient.  But none of the download
> links I tried would even resolve- has something changed, or have I
> forgotten the new location?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gregm

See here:

http://lispm.dyndns.org/cl-http/distribution/

or here:

http://ftp.se.kde.org/pub/www/servers/cl-http/
From: Christopher C. Stacy
Greg Menke <··········@toadmail.com> writes:
> I was going to upgrade my CL-HTTP and maybe give it a whirl under
> CMUCL, the one I'm using is pretty ancient.  But none of the download
> links I tried would even resolve- has something changed, or have I
> forgotten the new location?

Yes, I was trying to download CL-HTTP myself earlier today.
You're probably trying to download from ftp.ai.mit.edu, which is what
the CL-HTTP page links to.  The problem is that MIT AI Lab, per se,
no longer exists.  It has merged (back) with the Laboratory for
Computer Science.  The new lab is called "CSAIL".  Although they
are pretty far along, not all the computing facilities have been
transitioned to the new regime, and that FTP location is one of
the casualties.

I've put a copy of CL-HTTP for you on:   http://www.dtpq.com/cll/
From: Greg Menke
······@news.dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) writes:

> Greg Menke <··········@toadmail.com> writes:
> > I was going to upgrade my CL-HTTP and maybe give it a whirl under
> > CMUCL, the one I'm using is pretty ancient.  But none of the download
> > links I tried would even resolve- has something changed, or have I
> > forgotten the new location?
>
> Yes, I was trying to download CL-HTTP myself earlier today.
> You're probably trying to download from ftp.ai.mit.edu, which is what
> the CL-HTTP page links to.  The problem is that MIT AI Lab, per se,
> no longer exists.  It has merged (back) with the Laboratory for
> Computer Science.  The new lab is called "CSAIL".  Although they
> are pretty far along, not all the computing facilities have been
> transitioned to the new regime, and that FTP location is one of
> the casualties.
>
> I've put a copy of CL-HTTP for you on:   http://www.dtpq.com/cll/

Got it.  Many thanks!

Gregm