From: ··········@gmail.com
Subject: how to install clim
hi, i tried looking around cliki, i found no instruction as to how to
obtain CLIM and install it.. i'm running Lisp in a Box on a Windows XP
machine.. if it's not suitable for my set up, can anyone suggest a new
package for GUI programming in Common lisp? thanks alot!

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: how to install clim
··········@gmail.com writes:

> hi, i tried looking around cliki, i found no instruction as to how to
> obtain CLIM and install it.. i'm running Lisp in a Box on a Windows XP

As far as I know, the only free implementation of CLIM, McCLIM, is not
available for your setup.  If you are still interested in CLIM, you
should probably buy a commercial Common Lisp implementation.

> machine.. if it's not suitable for my set up, can anyone suggest a new
> package for GUI programming in Common lisp? thanks alot!

You may check the GUI section of CLiki.

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools (see also http://clrfi.alu.org):
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface
From: Nikodemus Siivola
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> wrote:

>> hi, i tried looking around cliki, i found no instruction as to how to
>> obtain CLIM and install it.. i'm running Lisp in a Box on a Windows XP

> As far as I know, the only free implementation of CLIM, McCLIM, is not
> available for your setup.  If you are still interested in CLIM, you
> should probably buy a commercial Common Lisp implementation.

...or start porting McCLIM to clisp. ;)

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus