From: ··········@gmail.com
Subject: a lisp code repository?
hi, i read somewhere that there is a free lisp CVS somewhere.. but i
can't find it now, with all the searching on google, sourceforge,
common-lisp.net(though, without any way of accessing any projects at
all in their homepage..).. can someone enlighten me on the whereabouts
of the CVS? thanks alot!

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: a lisp code repository?
Right on page one:

     http://common-lisp.net/

... look for a sneaky little "View Repositories". That is actually a
disguised URL which will lead you to the troves.

kenny

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: Pascal Bourguignon
··········@gmail.com writes:

> hi, i read somewhere that there is a free lisp CVS somewhere.. but i
> can't find it now, with all the searching on google, sourceforge,
> common-lisp.net(though, without any way of accessing any projects at
> all in their homepage..).. can someone enlighten me on the whereabouts
> of the CVS? thanks alot!

There are several free implementations of Common-Lisp that are
available thru CVS.  Actually, all free implementations of Common-Lisp
are available thru CVS.  Just go to the home page of the
implementation you want and find the page where the cvs server
references are given.

Basically, you'll have to find:
    - the cvs protocole used (something like :pserver: or :ext:, etc)
    - the cvs server (domain name)
    - the "module"
 the above constitute the "CVS root directory", something like:
      ··················@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/clisp
      ··················@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sbcl
      ··················@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecls
      ··················@anoncvs.cons.org:/home/anoncvs/CVS-cmucl

    - the password for anonymous access (usually it's empty)

The first time you enter:

    cvs -d $CVSROOT login

once, to login. The login and password is stored in your ~/.cvspass file.

Then to get the first copy you enter:

    cvs -d $CVSROOT checkout $MODULE

(usually you can use . as $MODULE)

Then you compile, and have fun, and when you want to get the updates,
you enter:

    cd $SRC ; cvs update

http://cliki.net/
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=1355

The world will now reboot; don't bother saving your artefacts.
From: Raymond Toy

    Pascal> Basically, you'll have to find:
    Pascal>     - the cvs protocole used (something like :pserver: or :ext:, etc)
    Pascal>     - the cvs server (domain name)
    Pascal>     - the "module"
    Pascal>  the above constitute the "CVS root directory", something like:
    Pascal>       ··················@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/clisp
    Pascal>       ··················@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sbcl
    Pascal>       ··················@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecls
    Pascal>       ··················@anoncvs.cons.org:/home/anoncvs/CVS-cmucl