From: Aaron Sloman
Subject: Poplog port for FreeBSD available
I am pleased to announce that Andrew Rydz has provided a port
of Poplog (multi-language development environment providing Pop11,
Lisp, Prolog and ML) for FreeBSD. He writes

    I have a port of POPLOG for FreeBSD 4.9, which I have tested quite
    extensively. The port requires the FreeBSD LINUX emulator which is supplied
    by default. From within POPLOG, using the "imcsh" facility, it is also
    possible to compile 'C' code for external linking. I have also tested the
    callback mechanism.

For further details see

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freebsd/new/README-freebsd-poplog.txt

All the files referred to in the README file are in the same directory

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freebsd/new/freebsd-poplog.tgz
        15552845 bytes Nov 26 15:32

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freebsd/new/Makefile
        1133 bytes Nov 26 15:36

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freebsd/new/rgb.txt
        17372 bytes Nov 26 15:35

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freebsd/new/local.tgz
        8480974 bytes Nov 26 15:37
        (provides the main extensions from Birmingham and Sussex,
        including more up to date teaching materials, the RCLIB
        graphical package, the SimAgent toolkit, the Popvision package,
        and others).

Older information about Poplog on FreeBSD provided by John Duncan is
here:
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freebsd/poplog-on-freebsd.txt

For more information on Poplog please see
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/poplog.info.html
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/comp.lang.pop.faq.html

Aaron