From: Andrei Stebakov
Subject: Web shopping cart in Lisp?
Hi,

I was looking for a free shopping cart that supports multiple payment
gateways and  found the Agora Shopping cart. It's free and looks like
it's feature rich.
The only problem is that it's written in Perl.
I was wondering if there was any attempt at writing a web shopping
cart system in Lisp. I checked Cliki and couldn't find what I was
looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

From: Cameron MacKinnon
Subject: Re: Web shopping cart in Lisp?
Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking for a free shopping cart that supports multiple payment
> gateways and  found the Agora Shopping cart. It's free and looks like
> it's feature rich.
> The only problem is that it's written in Perl.
> I was wondering if there was any attempt at writing a web shopping
> cart system in Lisp. I checked Cliki and couldn't find what I was
> looking for.

Whatever you do, make sure that your eventual solution isn't running
machine code underneath. I've looked into some solutions for other
problems and found that, even though they purported to be written in
Lisp or Perl, that was just a high level veneer. Underneath, they were
actually running machine code - how unmaintainable is that?
From: Andrei Stebakov
Cameron MacKinnon <··········@clearspot.net> wrote in message news:<······················@golden.net>...
> Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was looking for a free shopping cart that supports multiple payment
> > gateways and  found the Agora Shopping cart. It's free and looks like
> > it's feature rich.
> > The only problem is that it's written in Perl.
> > I was wondering if there was any attempt at writing a web shopping
> > cart system in Lisp. I checked Cliki and couldn't find what I was
> > looking for.
>
> Whatever you do, make sure that your eventual solution isn't running
> machine code underneath. I've looked into some solutions for other
> problems and found that, even though they purported to be written in
> Lisp or Perl, that was just a high level veneer. Underneath, they were
> actually running machine code - how unmaintainable is that?

You are right. No difference in maintenance. Be it assembler or Lisp ;)