From: Ng Pheng Siong
Subject: SLIME and paserve's *debug-stream*
Hi,

I'm using SLIME to connect to a CMUCL running paserve on a remote machine.
Details: http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/91

paserve's *debug-stream* says #<Synonym Stream to SYSTEM:*TTY*>.

What do I set it to, so that paserve's debug output comes to *slime-repl*?

Thanks. Cheers.

(I sent this to slime-devel, but it is apparently subscribers-only.)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <····@netmemetic.com>

http://firewall.rulemaker.net -+- Cisco PIX & Netscreen Config Version Control
http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps -+- M2Crypto, ZServerSSL for Zope, Blog

From: neo88
Subject: Re: SLIME and paserve's *debug-stream*
····@netmemetic.com (Ng Pheng Siong) wrote in message news:<············@mawar.singnet.com.sg>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SLIME to connect to a CMUCL running paserve on a remote machine.
> Details: http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/91
>
> paserve's *debug-stream* says #<Synonym Stream to SYSTEM:*TTY*>.
>
> What do I set it to, so that paserve's debug output comes to *slime-repl*?
>
> Thanks. Cheers.
>
> (I sent this to slime-devel, but it is apparently subscribers-only.)

Hmm, not 100% sure but maybe in your ~/.emacs you need something like:

(setf #Synonym to Stream (SYSTEM:*SLIME-REPL*))

Like I said not 100% sure, but the setf will not be to #Synonym to
Stream most likely as I have it up there, but whatever function or
variable it represents.

--
May the Source be with you.
neo88 (Philip Haddad)
From: Pascal Bourguignon
····@netmemetic.com (Ng Pheng Siong) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using SLIME to connect to a CMUCL running paserve on a remote machine.
> Details: http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/91
>
> paserve's *debug-stream* says #<Synonym Stream to SYSTEM:*TTY*>.
>
> What do I set it to, so that paserve's debug output comes to *slime-repl*?

(setf *debug-stream* *standard-output*)

neither do we.
From: Ng Pheng Siong
According to Pascal Bourguignon  <····@mouse-potato.com>: