From: Fernando
Subject: Lispworks com automation sample code
Hi,

I need to use some activeX dlls created with VB from Lisp (Lispworks).  I
already read the fine manual, but I'm still lost...

Does anyone have experience (or sample code) with this sort of stuff?

Ideally, I would like to have clos wrapper classes encapsulating the classes
defined in those dlls.

Thanks

PS: The interface of the VB classes is very simple, they only pass integers
and strings (BSTRs) back and forward.

From: Andreas Hinze
Subject: Re: Lispworks com automation sample code
Hi Fernando,
maybe this question can better be answered on a special LispWorks mailing list.
Please look at www.lispworks.com for the details. You might also want to have
The list is gmane.lisp.lispworks.general.

Hope that helps

Regards
AHz

From: Kenny Tilton
Fernando wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to use some activeX dlls created with VB from Lisp (Lispworks).  I
> already read the fine manual, but I'm still lost...
>
> Does anyone have experience (or sample code) with this sort of stuff?

Caveat: i do not use Lispworks on a daily basis, so it may offer some
easier solution. My thinking tho is that you might need to write some
"glue" routines in C and have them talk to the VB dll (if that is even
possible), or use COM or something. I have done the former (but I was
talking to C++ classes), but not the COM thing.

> Ideally, I would like to have clos wrapper classes encapsulating the classes
> defined in those dlls.

That would be nice if Lispworks offers some seamless solution. Faced
with writing my own glue, I just worried about tapping into the bits I
needed. Turned out it was well-designed library and I only had to glue
up a few functions and I was done.

kenny

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: Marco Antoniotti
Hi

I have a (almost) full blown implementation of the IActiveScript and
IActiveScriptParse interfaces in LWW.  It will be complete "really soon
now".

In the process I came up with a number of possible changes to the LWW
COM interface.

In principle the core code should be easily portable to ACL.  I just did
not have the time to do so.  Also, if I remember correctly, ACL COM
interface requires explicit guid's.  Is that the case?

marco