From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: [ANNC] The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Cellllloooooosss....
cl-openal coming soon to a PortaCello release near you:

     http://www.openal.org/

The only good news is that I won't be able to put up a screen shot.

MWUUAHHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHHAAA!!!!!!!!!

More libraries...must...have...more libraries.....physics engine?
Speech-to-text?

kenny

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/

From: Svein Ove Aas
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> cl-openal coming soon to a PortaCello release near you:
>
>      http://www.openal.org/
>
> The only good news is that I won't be able to put up a screen shot.
>
> MWUUAHHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHHAAA!!!!!!!!!
>
> More libraries...must...have...more libraries.....physics engine?
> Speech-to-text?

How about asdf-installable Cello?
Or even a download pointer on the website in your sig?

But... text-to-speech could be useful. No, really.

--
I was supposed to have a sig?
From: Kenny Tilton
Svein Ove Aas wrote:

> Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>>cl-openal coming soon to a PortaCello release near you:
>>
>>     http://www.openal.org/
>>
>>The only good news is that I won't be able to put up a screen shot.
>>
>>MWUUAHHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHHAAA!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>More libraries...must...have...more libraries.....physics engine?
>>Speech-to-text?
>

> How about asdf-installable Cello?

I keep blathering about Cello, but really the only reason it is
available at all is for valiant souls willing to grapple the unwieldy
mess into other environments (hence the Porto-prefix). It really is not
meant for general distribution yet.

> Or even a download pointer on the website in your sig?

Yeah, that was an oversight. If I thought I could change the page
without bringing down the entire common-lisp.net site I would add this link:

    ftp://common-lisp.net/pub/project/cello

> But... text-to-speech could be useful. No, really.

Yes, and useful for either of the commercial apps I am contemplating.
cl-openal seems to just play canned WAV files, but at least now my "just
shoot me!" built-in screen capture widget can play a cool motorized SLR
shutter release.

I can't wait to add a Sound Panel that will let me play with the OpenAL
effects the way I can now with OpenGL lighting and textures. I found a
galloping horse WAV I can put into a loop and then have Fury doing
figure eights past me.

I also found some excellent female oohs and ahs for my Cherry 2000 sim.
I better save the deets on C2K for the Lisp-NYC sleazeballs, but with
luck Bradshaw will forgive me for shipping with-layers without an
options placeholder if I deliver a soft-core Lisp success story (but
will Franz put me on their web page!?).

kenny