From: John Thingstad
Subject: Re: Two unrelated remarks
When I was in my 20's I studied "Theory of Computation" I found logic
totally
inadequate. I looked for the eqivalent of my-recursive funtions.
My reason was that a mathematically sound model had to encopass
causality which implied recurive definitions of mathematical operators.
(Note that even general definition of plus for integers can not be
defined in logic because you can't use the conclusion in the premice.)
When I first looked at lisp at age approx 31 I knew I had found 'my'
language. On and off over the years I have programmed it and only now
do I feel I am reaching a level of proficiency. But I still have a
long way to go to get to guru status.

--
Sender med M2, Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram: http://www.opera.com/