From: Peter Meier
Subject: Sockets on Lisp
Hi,

im new to LISP. My next job is to program some modules for a CAD-System
which is based on a LISP-Interpreter (Kyoto Common Lisp). The CAD System
runs on Windows and some flavours of UNIX.

I'm looking for way of Interprocess Communication. Is there a socket API
for this Interpreter available? Are there other ways to do that?

Thanks
Peter

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: Sockets on Lisp
Greetings!  GCL is (one of) the successor(s) to KCL.  Sockets are
fully supported (see sockets.c).  I'm interested in knowing what CAD
system you are working on, and whether it will work with current GCL.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire			     			····@enhanced.com
From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Peter Meier <··········@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:<············@online.de>...
> im new to LISP. My next job is to program some modules for a CAD-System
> which is based on a LISP-Interpreter (Kyoto Common Lisp). The CAD System
> runs on Windows and some flavours of UNIX.

Your email address is not functioning.  If you went to an Apple
conference in Salamanca, please email me.

Otherwise have a good day. ;)

Sorry for the offtopic post.
From: Edi Weitz
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:57:24 +0000 (UTC), Peter Meier <··········@yahoo.de> wrote:

> im new to LISP. My next job is to program some modules for a
> CAD-System which is based on a LISP-Interpreter (Kyoto Common
> Lisp). The CAD System runs on Windows and some flavours of UNIX.
>
> I'm looking for way of Interprocess Communication. Is there a socket
> API for this Interpreter available? Are there other ways to do that?

I wrote a reply to your email address but it bounced...
From: Marco Antoniotti
Peter Meier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> im new to LISP. My next job is to program some modules for a CAD-System
> which is based on a LISP-Interpreter (Kyoto Common Lisp). The CAD System
> runs on Windows and some flavours of UNIX.

Kyoto Common Lisp has a compiler as well (to C)

> I'm looking for way of Interprocess Communication. Is there a socket API
> for this Interpreter available? Are there other ways to do that?

 From KCL you have access to C directly.  I do not remember whether you
have a library ready in the specific implementation.  You may want to
look at ECL (which is a derivative of KCL). http://ecls.sf.net

Cheers

Marco
From: Petter Gustad
Peter Meier <··········@yahoo.de> writes:

> I'm looking for way of Interprocess Communication. Is there a socket API
> for this Interpreter available? Are there other ways to do that?

I'm a little curios. Are there a lot of Lisp socket users out there?
In particular socket users with low latency and high performance
requirements. The reason why I ask is because I've been playing with
the thought of making a UFFI or similar binding to the SCI socket
interface (http://www.dolphinics.no/news/2004/2_25.html).

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.