From: Artem Baguinski
Subject: slime + defsystem
hi

if i try to load something with defsystem it'll *always* say that
compiled files are too old or absent. it refers to correct path of
new compiled 10 min ago files though. where should i dig?

NB: these are the questions it asks:

;    - Binary file /usr/src/lisp/McCLIM/patch.x86f is old or does not exist.
;      Compile (and load) source file /usr/src/lisp/McCLIM/patch.lisp instead?
;    - Should I bother you if this happens again?
;    - Should I compile and load or not?

also, when i'm trying to do that in slime and defsystem asks if i
want stuff recompiled i can't seem to be able to answer. i guess
slime treats my pressing Return key specially and it never reaches
the defsystem. is there a solution to this?

thanks,
artm

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm

From: Luke Gorrie
Subject: Re: slime + defsystem
Hi Artem,

> NB: these are the questions it asks:
>
> ;    - Binary file /usr/src/lisp/McCLIM/patch.x86f is old or does not exist.
> ;      Compile (and load) source file /usr/src/lisp/McCLIM/patch.lisp instead?
> ;    - Should I bother you if this happens again?
> ;    - Should I compile and load or not?
>
> also, when i'm trying to do that in slime and defsystem asks if i
> want stuff recompiled i can't seem to be able to answer. i guess
> slime treats my pressing Return key specially and it never reaches
> the defsystem. is there a solution to this?

I replied to this on the SLIME mailing list. You can access that with
NNTP as group gmane.lisp.slime.devel on server news.gmane.org, or you
can read the reply on the web here:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/1152

I'd recommend sending any followups to the SLIME list -- that will get
the best and fastest response.

Cheers,
Luke
From: Marco Antoniotti
 From the DEFSYSTEM messages I see, it looks like you are using an
oldish version of DEFSYSTEM.  Try to update to the latest one form the
CLOCC (the file release should be ok, although the CVS version has one
more bug fix in it)

I cannot answer about SLIME.

Cheers

Marco