From: David Steuber
Subject: AI Solved!
OK, not really.  But some guy did a very primative Eliza like thing in
a chicken costume:

http://www.subservientchicken.com/

It's kinda fun figuring out what actions he has scripted out.

--
I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.

From: Steven M. Haflich
Subject: Re: AI Solved!
David Steuber wrote:

> It's kinda fun figuring out what actions he has scripted out.

Try "lay an egg."  This is curious because the thing in the
picture appears to be a rooster.  Polymorphism?
From: Kenny Tilton
Steven M. Haflich wrote:
> David Steuber wrote:
>
>> It's kinda fun figuring out what actions he has scripted out.
>

> Try "lay an egg."  This is curious because the thing in the
> picture appears to be a rooster.  Polymorphism?

Oh. I asked him to grab his crotch and hawk a loogey like Roseanne Barr
singing the national anthem. That's worth a try, too.

kt

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: Rahul Jain
"Steven M. Haflich" <·················@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> David Steuber wrote:
>
>> It's kinda fun figuring out what actions he has scripted out.
>
> Try "lay an egg."  This is curious because the thing in the
> picture appears to be a rooster.  Polymorphism?

Even better: change-class.

--
Rahul Jain
·····@nyct.net
From: Rob Warnock
David Steuber  <·····@david-steuber.com> wrote:
+---------------
| OK, not really.  But some guy did a very primative Eliza like thing in
| a chicken costume:
|    http://www.subservientchicken.com/
| It's kinda fun figuring out what actions he has scripted out.
+---------------

Followup: This site has just been discovered by the late-night news shows.
I just watched a segment about it on ABC's "World News Now". They asked it
to "moonwalk" (the Michael Jackson dance step), and it did, and "marry me",
and it went down on one knee as if proposing.

Spooky!

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: John Thingstad
You might wan't check out http://www.alicebot.org.
You can download the java version and program it.
(A lisp version is in the making at http://www.pandorabot.org.
You can test it there. When they have seperated out the http component
and cleaned up the code the should release the source.)
It recognises regular english and allows you to
execute commands from regular english.
AIML and the animation sequences should be able to
produce sothing along the line seen at
http://www.subservientchicken.com.

Have fun!

John

Sender med M2, Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram: http://www.opera.com/
From: Colin Gilchrist
wish respect to the chicken thing, here's a list of all the keywords
(3000+ of them):

http://www.colinrocks.com/index.php?stuff=chicken

Colin

From: André Thieme
David Steuber wrote:

> OK, not really.  But some guy did a very primative Eliza like thing in
> a chicken costume:
>
> http://www.subservientchicken.com/
>
> It's kinda fun figuring out what actions he has scripted out.

Absolutely cool and funny!
*lol*

Tell him f*ck the couch ;-)

Andr�