From: Venkat
Subject: LISP Implementation
Hi All,

  I am planning to develop a new LISP implemenation (both interpreter and
  compiler).

  Please provide me with the links of any derived techniques which are open.

Thanks in advance
--Venkat

From: William Bland
Subject: Re: LISP Implementation
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:39:57 -0700, Venkat wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I am planning to develop a new LISP implemenation (both interpreter and
>   compiler).

Why?  What's it going to do better than all the existing ones?
Is there a reason why you don't want to contribute to an existing
project?  I wrote my own too, when I was much younger.  It was
good for one person's work I guess, but it was pretty crap to be
honest, compared to what else was on offer at the time (iirc,
Clisp was already available).  I don't think there's much point
unless this is just a learning exercise.

Just my two cents - feel free to ignore me ;-)
Cheers,
	Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland                          www.abstractnonsense.com
Computer Programmer                           awksedgrep (Yahoo IM)
From: Venkat
William Bland <····@abstractnonsense.com> wrote in message news:<······························@abstractnonsense.com>...
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:39:57 -0700, Venkat wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >   I am planning to develop a new LISP implemenation (both interpreter and
> >   compiler).
>
> Why?  What's it going to do better than all the existing ones?
> Is there a reason why you don't want to contribute to an existing
> project?  I wrote my own too, when I was much younger.  It was
> good for one person's work I guess, but it was pretty crap to be
> honest, compared to what else was on offer at the time (iirc,
> Clisp was already available).  I don't think there's much point
> unless this is just a learning exercise.

  I did not get a real project  which gives me chance to master the LISP
  language till now. That'why I am planning to develop a new LISP implementation