From: Kevin M. Rosenberg
Subject: ANN: New version of CLSQL with CommonSQL compatibility
With the orphaning of UncommonSQL by onShore Development, Marcus
Pearce created the CLSQL-USQL port. His port brings the CommonSQL
compatibility layer to CLSQL. I've integrated his port into the main
CLSQL code base and made it the default API. I added a metabobject
protocol compatibility layer so that the CommonSQL API finally runs on
AllegroCL. I plan to support OpenMCL as well with the new layer, but
have not yet tested it.

The classic, lightweight CLSQL API remains available in the
CLSQL-CLASSIC system included in the package. This is primarily for
users who want a lighter weight library for SQL access.

Recently, a SQLite backend was contributed by Aurelio Bignoli and has
been integrated into CLSQL.

The latest version of CLSQL available at http://clsql.b9.com.

--
Kevin Rosenberg