From: Sunnan
Subject: lisp, xml and guis
I've been thinking the last few days, that since XML is so similar to
s-expressions, and it's kinda easy/possible to translate between the
two of them, that it would be a good idea to leverage the new wave of
XML-gui-writing, like Glade/GTK, Mozilla's XUL or even Gnustep's
Renaissance to make a kick-ass GUI wrapper for Scheme or CL.

One approach would be a lisp replacement for libglade, so that one
could machine-translate (with Oleg's SXML, perhaps) Glade's output to
s-expressions and use them.

I'm looking at some glade output now, imagining it being SXML, and it
looks kinda beautiful. That's how I want to write GUIs. I wouldn't
even have to use glade.

I have my hands full ATM but I'll look into it in a few days.

--
One love,
Sunnan