From: nevada
Subject: screwgle groups messing up?
I'm missing a lot of threads that google groups is not able to find.

I assume other google groups users are experiencing the same thing.
(And possibly not able to read this message.)

Not sure whether other google groups are also messing up.

I'm particularly interested in, but not currently able to read, "Java
is the SUV of programming tools" Sounds good! Hope to read it some
day!

NS

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: Re: screwgle groups messing up?
In article <····························@posting.google.com>,
 ············@yahoo.com (nevada) wrote:

> I'm missing a lot of threads that google groups is not able to find.
>
> I assume other google groups users are experiencing the same thing.
> (And possibly not able to read this message.)
>
> Not sure whether other google groups are also messing up.
>
> I'm particularly interested in, but not currently able to read, "Java
> is the SUV of programming tools" Sounds good! Hope to read it some
> day!
>
> NS

I'm having this same problem with google groups, so I've switched to
using a dedicated news reader for the time being (I normally prefer
using google groups since I can read usenet in a browser tab while doing
other things on the web).

raf
From: Mark Hurd
nevada wrote:
> I'm missing a lot of threads that google groups is not able to find.
>
> I assume other google groups users are experiencing the same thing.
> (And possibly not able to read this message.)
>
> Not sure whether other google groups are also messing up.

Yes, and yes.

I use a newsreader, but use google to quickly check for replies to my messages
anywhere on usenet, and microsoft.

All the c.l.l threads I've checked are working for me, but a VB.NET thread in
microsoft newsgroups started failing late last week. (That is, I can see the
thread and message in search results, and the links wooked until late last
week.)

Because it lasted longer than 48 hours I notified Google and got this
response:

 The Google Groups servers are continuing to
 experience problems.  The engineering team
 is aware of the problem and is currently
 working on the issue.

 Though we can not give a a specific time
 when the problem may be alleviated, we
 are sure it will be soon.

 We appreciate your patience during
 this time.

So we just have to use our newsreaders a bit more...

--
Regards,
Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.) (Hons.)