From: Claudio Castellini
Subject: ACL: "memory models" in stand-alone executables
hello all

I have generated a stand-alone executable out of a Linux ACL 6.2
project. I have now the following problem: on large problems the
application exits with an error message like this:

Error: An allocation request for 40 bytes caused tenuring and a need
        for 262144 more bytes of heap.  The operating system will not
        make the space available because of a lack of swap space or some
        other operating system imposed limit or memory mapping collision.
   [condition type: STORAGE-CONDITION]

...whereas this does NOT happen if I launch it from within the lisp
interpreter. There is no limit imposed by the UNIX shell, and tweaking the
parameters of (proclaim '(optimize ...)) won't do.

Any ideas about what is going on? Am I neglecting some parameters
specifying the amount of memory/heap space/stack the executable can
allocate?

thank you,
Claudio