From: Nicolas Hervé
Subject: Re: Editing PDF (just one idea: <brutal method>)
It's just one idea because as I know this method doesn't exist.
But just have a look at emacs rot13-other-window and you may will
understand what I mean.
   So in one other window emacs open a copy of the current buffer but
encoded (decoded) with the rot13 algorithm. And any change you do on one
buffer is repercuted in the other acording to the rot13 algorithm.

Now imagine that instead of rot13-other-window you have
FlateDecode-other-window, you will have the possibility to edit
FlateEncoded stream of pdf files. No ?

But for that someone will have to implement the FlateDecode-other-window
(and FlateEncode-other-window) in e-lisp.

see http://partners.adobe.com/asn/tech/pdf/specifications.jsp for more
information about the pdf format.