From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: syntax-case
I just recently looked at Dorai Sitaram's implementation of
scheme-style macros, and noticed that the facility I was interested in
(syntax-case) was missing.  I looked, but couldn't find a CL
implementation.  Before I go and do it myself, does anyuone know of an
existing implementation?

Just FYI, I'm not interested in doing Scheme-style macros; I'm looking
for a good sexp-based pattern matching language.  See, I was reading
about "Pattern Matching" or "Rewriting" languages (specifically, ELAN
and Rogue), and they seemed cool, but I'm not about to buy into an
entire new language if I can help it...

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |

From: Matthew Danish
Subject: Re: syntax-case

Maybe this would be of interest?: http://www.cliki.net/fare-matcher

--
; Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.
From: Thomas F. Burdick
Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:46:44AM -0700, Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> > Just FYI, I'm not interested in doing Scheme-style macros; I'm looking
> > for a good sexp-based pattern matching language.
>
> Maybe this would be of interest?: http://www.cliki.net/fare-matcher

Wow, service with a smile!  Thanks, that's pretty much exactly what I
was looking for.  I saw it once, but at the time had no idea what it'd
be useful for.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Joe Marshall
···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) writes:

> I just recently looked at Dorai Sitaram's implementation of
> scheme-style macros, and noticed that the facility I was interested in
> (syntax-case) was missing.  I looked, but couldn't find a CL
> implementation.  Before I go and do it myself, does anyuone know of an
> existing implementation?

http://www.scheme.com/syntax-case/

It isn't common lisp, but it has a `bootstrap' version that is
fully expanded Scheme code that *appears* to be fairly `straightforward'
in that you could massage it into CL.

Better than nothing, I suppose.