From: Rene van Bevern
Subject: looking for book
hi.

i am looking for a good book about ANSI Common Lisp. The book by Paul
Graham is not sold at amazon anymore (let alone the fact that i don't like
ordering at amazon at all). Can anybody suggest a good (e)book or a
detailed online documentation to me?

I have found a lot of tutorials using google but most of them don't go
far enough.

thanks
	Rene

From: Jock Cooper
Subject: Re: looking for book
Rene van Bevern <···@rvb.dyndns.org> writes:

> hi.
>
> i am looking for a good book about ANSI Common Lisp. The book by Paul
> Graham is not sold at amazon anymore (let alone the fact that i don't like
> ordering at amazon at all). Can anybody suggest a good (e)book or a
> detailed online documentation to me?

Buy a copy of Allegro Common Lisp.. you will receive a copy of ANSI Common
Lisp with your ACL.  At least I did.  Of course it may be more than you
want to spend ;)
From: Lars Brinkhoff
Rene van Bevern <···@rvb.dyndns.org> writes:
> i am looking for a good book about ANSI Common Lisp. The book by
> Paul Graham is not sold at amazon anymore

Are you sure?  To me it seems like Amazon is selling it.

> i don't like ordering at amazon at all

Then try one of these:
  http://www.powells.com/
  http://www.textbookx.com/
  http://www.booksamillion.com/
They all sell Graham's book.

> Can anybody suggest a good (e)book or a detailed online
> documentation to me?

Here are links to some online books:
  http://www.cliki.net/Lisp%20books

--
Lars Brinkhoff,         Services for Unix, Linux, GCC, HTTP
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/
From: Mario S. Mommer
Rene van Bevern <···@rvb.dyndns.org> writes:
> i am looking for a good book about ANSI Common Lisp. The book by Paul
> Graham is not sold at amazon anymore (let alone the fact that i don't like
> ordering at amazon at all).

This is strange. I saw it on amazong just now, and they even offer a
discount if you buy it together with Sonja E. Keene's excellent
"Object-Oriented Programming in Common Lisp".

It is on www.fatbrain.com too, btw.
From: Rene van Bevern
On 10 Sep 2003 19:18:58 +0200, Mario S Mommer <········@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is strange. I saw it on amazong just now, and they even offer a
> discount if you buy it together with Sonja E. Keene's excellent
> "Object-Oriented Programming in Common Lisp".

if i search for the book amazon tells me they do not have the book
anymore. but i have found enough documentation to read through on the
URLs mentioned in previous posts.

thanks :)
	Rene
From: Lars Brinkhoff
Rene van Bevern <···@rvb.dyndns.org> writes:
> On 10 Sep 2003 19:18:58 +0200, Mario S Mommer <········@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > This is strange. I saw it on amazong just now
> if i search for the book amazon tells me they do not have the book
> anymore.

Try the ISBN: 0130305529.

From: Larry Clapp
In article <··················@negoyl.vb-network>, Rene van Bevern wrote:
> i am looking for a good book about ANSI Common Lisp. The book by
> Paul Graham is not sold at amazon anymore (let alone the fact that i
> don't like ordering at amazon at all). Can anybody suggest a good
> (e)book or a detailed online documentation to me?

I like what I've read of David Lamkins's "Successful Lisp".  See
http://www.psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/cover.html .

A while back, I Plucker-ized the HyperSpec, but now can't seem to find
it.  :(  Drop me a line privately if you'd like me to build you one.

--
Larry Clapp / ·····@theclapp.org
Use Lisp from Vim: VILisp: http://vim.sourceforge.net/script.php?script_id=221
From: Christopher Browne
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Larry Clapp <·····@theclapp.org> transmitted:
> In article <··················@negoyl.vb-network>, Rene van Bevern wrote:
>> i am looking for a good book about ANSI Common Lisp. The book by
>> Paul Graham is not sold at amazon anymore (let alone the fact that i
>> don't like ordering at amazon at all). Can anybody suggest a good
>> (e)book or a detailed online documentation to me?
>
> I like what I've read of David Lamkins's "Successful Lisp".  See
> http://www.psg.com/~dlamkins/sl/cover.html .
>
> A while back, I Plucker-ized the HyperSpec, but now can't seem to find
> it.  :(  Drop me a line privately if you'd like me to build you one.

I keep CLTL2 around in Plucker-ized form, as it is a more interesting
read, and quite a bit smaller.  And still useful :-).
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write(·@'),write(Y). wm('aa454','freenet.carleton.ca').
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/nonrdbms.html