From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Lisp-NYC post-mortem
Bad news, audio crew did not show. Anton's Excellent lambda talk
(beginning with Leibniz!) becomes part of the oral tradition of Lisp.

Anton took steady fire from snipers to his left and right, gentlemen
massively well-informed on the l/c, and held his ground (ie, everyone
seemed to agree on everything <g>).

re Leibniz, yes, we got the history leading up to Church's work as well
the work itself.

Anton will be posting slides and more as time permits. Hound him
mercilessly to hasten the process. :)

Let it be noted, btw, that on just a few days notice Anton made a heck
of a presentation and obviously put a lot of time into it. Much appreciated.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc

From: Anton van Straaten
Subject: Re: Lisp-NYC post-mortem
Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Bad news, audio crew did not show. Anton's Excellent lambda talk
> (beginning with Leibniz!) becomes part of the oral tradition of Lisp.
>
> Anton took steady fire from snipers to his left and right, gentlemen
> massively well-informed on the l/c, and held his ground (ie, everyone
> seemed to agree on everything <g>).
>
> re Leibniz, yes, we got the history leading up to Church's work as well
> the work itself.
>
> Anton will be posting slides and more as time permits. Hound him
> mercilessly to hasten the process. :)
>
> Let it be noted, btw, that on just a few days notice Anton made a heck
> of a presentation and obviously put a lot of time into it. Much
appreciated.

Thanks, it was great fun.  Had it been videotaped (as discussed earlier),
the cameraperson would have had a full-time job, what with all the audience
participation!  Perhaps some of that RoboCup work needs to be addressed to
the problem of RoboCamera for future LispNYC meetings...

To preempt the threatened merciless hounding, I've posted the small CL
sample program, some quotes, numerous references, and a few details of the
talk at:
http://www.appsolutions.com/lambda/lambda-talk.html

Note that this material is not designed to stand alone, but there are plenty
of references on the above page for anyone interested.

Anton
From: MGO
Hi all,

I'm basically a lurker here but reading this post makes me regret
missing the meeting although I probably wouldn't understand anything
of Leibniz beyond his birthday and favorite color.  But I do have a
serviceable digital camcorder and I could have been useful and so I
volunteer myself for the next meeting provided it doesn't conflict
with real life.

Cheers,

Michael