From: Arthur T. Murray
Subject: Re: Cautionary Note (was): AI::GA
Kent Paul Dolan wrote in news:comp.lang.perl.misc on Mon, 8 Sep 2003:

> Don't pretend that you are going to be the architect,
> be content to add a few bricks to the edifice and
> call that a life's work.  That's the only way the
> real work of science ever gets done.

Kent, you are right and I agree wholeheartedly with you.
Although I am a gold-bricker at heart and I ask AI-eager
individuals to send me $1+ and corps $1K+ via KWAI below
to keep the all-consuming independent-scholar AI Werk going,
adding "a few bricks to the edifice" is the K.P.-Dolanesque idea:
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/cpp.html -- C++ with new AI code;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/java.html -- see "Mind.JAVA #001";
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/lisp.html -- Lisp AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/perl.html -- first Perl module;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/prolog.html -- Prolog AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/python.html -- Python AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/ruby.html -- Ruby AI Blog (OO AI);
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/scheme.html -- "Scheme AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/vb.html -- see "Mind.VB #001" link.

Of course, we also need to rewrite all the old pre-AI4U textbooks
and even the various books on the art of computer programming,
so that students in the peri-Singularity epoch will learn
AI techniques directly when the book examples are AI problems.

AI has been solved; now let's work on the full implementation.

A.T. Murray
--
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/307824.307853 -- ACM SIGPLAN Notices;
http://www.sl4.org/archive/0205/3829.html -- comments by Dr. B.G.
From: Paolo Amoroso
[followup to comp.lang.lisp only]

Arthur T. Murray writes:

> Of course, we also need to rewrite all the old pre-AI4U textbooks
> and even the various books on the art of computer programming,
> so that students in the peri-Singularity epoch will learn
> AI techniques directly when the book examples are AI problems.

Are you also going to publicly burn all those old textbooks?

Paolo
--
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it>